Cheerios and Box Tops For Education have teamed up to bring 100,000 books to children in need across the country.Access to books is essential to reading development. However, did you know that over 80 percent of childcare centers serving low-income children lack age-appropriate books? And a recent study shows that the ratio of books per child in middle income neighborhoods is 13 to 1, while in low-income neighborhoods, the ratio is 1 age-appropriate book for every 300 children.
The Cheerios family of cereals, First Book and Jon Scieszka, author of the popular "Trucktown" series and other children´s books, have joined together to deliver 100,000 books to community-based programs serving children in need - and we´d love your help! All you have to do is go online with your child and test your combined knowledge of children´s books by answering trivia questions related to "Trucktown" and other great children´s books.
For every trivia question answered correctly, you can cast one vote for the state you would like to receive books. The five states receiving the most votes will get 20,000 books each, for a total of 100,000 books. Test your knowledge and start voting.
Would you like to help Cheerios and Box Tops? If so they will send one lucky Springfield Mommy Reader an assortment of books from Cheerios, a Cheerios cereal and a $25 gift card to be used at any Barnes and Nobles
This Giveaway will run until Sunday, December 6th at 8pm. The winner will be randomly selected by a computer generator and announced Monday morning.
Thank you to My Blog Spark for this giveaway.
Want to win?
*Leave a comment telling me about about the first book you either read to your child or that they read to you.
*You can gain an entry by Subscribing to Myspringfieldmommy. Be sure to leave a comment after your subscribe.
*You can gain a 3nd entry by adding my button to your blog or Myspace account. You can also add me to your Facebook or Twitter account and it does count if you added me in the past. Just remind me!
*You can gain a 4th by posting this giveaway on your blog, myspace, twitter, or facebook account. Please leave me the link.
*You can gain a 5th entry by e-mailing this giveaway to 5 of your friends. Just remember to send me a copy of the e-mail!
Remember to leave comments telling me you have done any of these.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
*I did receive a gift pack in exchange for this post, it does not in any way influence my opinion of the product or promotions. All statements are true and honest to the best of my ability.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

27 comments:
The first book I read to my kids was Goodnight Moon.
denise_22315 at yahoo dot com
I subscribe.
denise_22315 at yahoo dot com
Dr. Sueus all of them
rauzi87 (@) gmail (.) com
Hop on Pop by Dr Seuss was one of the first books my kids could read to me
I now subscribe to My springfieldmommy
I now have your button on my blog
www.tenkidsandadog.blogspot.com
Wow! I don't know if I can remember the first book I ever read to my child or the first book she ever read to me! I know one of the first ones was The Poky Little Puppy. :)
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I'm subscribed.
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I follow you on Twitter (@HSBSuzanne).
roseinthemorning [at] gmail [dot] com
The first book I read to my daughter was Goodnight Moon.
kayshem@hotmail.com
I subscribe.
kayshem@hotmail.com
I am a FB friend.
Katie Morris Crider
kayshem@hotmail.com
I have your button on my Myspace page.
www.myspace.com/kayshem
kayshem@hotmail.com
I like books that talk about loving your child forever etc. book titled "i'll love you forever, the kissing hand, i love it when you smile, me and my dad. Books about family.
I don't have any children yet but I can't wait till I can read to them and they can read to me! :) purposedrivenlife4you at gmail dot com
Subscriber! purposedrivenlife4you at gmail dot com
I follow you on Twitter & I have your button up on my bloggy! http://dietcokehandsanitizerchk.blogspot.com/
Blogged: http://dietcokehandsanitizerchk.blogspot.com/2009/11/box-tops-book-giveaway.html
First book I read to kids was from Dr. Sueus series.
I'm a subscriber.
@tcarolinep twitter follower.
Posted and shared on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/#/tcarolinep?ref=profile
Posted and shared on Facebook.http://www.facebook.com/tcarolinep?ref=profile
The first book I read my little one was The Poky Little Puppy.
I subscribe.
amylynne1981@hotmail.com
I am a friend on FB
amylynne1981@hotmail.com
The first book was the Velveteen Rabbit. My favourite.
:o)
pippirose59 at gmail dot com
Post a Comment