Image Map

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rich Man Poor Man DVD Review

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!
I love miniseries, my favorites are North & South, the Thorn Birds and now Rich Man, Poor Man. My husband laughs at me every time I get in the mood to turn one on, because he knows that I am going to be glued to the TV for hours. Which is exactly what happen with Rich Man, Poor Man. Many people are familiar with the story and for those who may not be, the last thing I want to do is give anything away.

I can tell you that Rich Man, Poor Man is based on the best selling novel by Irwin Shaw. The story spans over the years of a families life and focuses on two brothers, Rudy and Tom as they navigate divergent paths away from their imporverished immigrant upbringing.

A&E recently released the 1970's miniseries which starts Peter Strauss, Nick Nolte, Susan Blakely and Edward Asner. The DVD set includes a bonus audio commentary for book one which features Peter Strauss and television historian David Bianculli.

If you enjoy following a family through many of their lives ups, downs and everything in between you will find yourself hanging on to every move the Jordache family makes over the years this story spans. I really do not want to give anything away, which is why I suggest you run to your local library or visit Amazon and grab a copy. Just be sure to have some free time, because the collection is just under 30 hours and you will not want to stop for anything more than you need to.

Thanks to Attention PR and A&E for my review copy.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved