Image Map

Monday, November 15, 2010

Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

Last week I was telling a friend about CEHP she was impressed with the idea, so much so she volunteered to help me do the review.   I trust her opinion since she has more child care experience than I could ever hope to, here is what she has to say:
As an adoptive parent to a 3 yo son & licensed foster parent, I have learned about and tried out several methods of parenting & discipline and I must say that that Noel Janis-Norton's method of Calmer, Easier, Happier Parenting (CEHP) is one of my favorites and very well may become OUR method once we have tried fully implementing it. I want to be able to raise my son to become more cooperative, confident, motivated, self reliant & considerate, just like every other parent wants for their child, AND I would like to do it without as much nagging & yelling.   I like the simplicity and calmness of the program--point out positives simply & without exaggeration. I like that Noel points out that we have to change our old habits and it doesn't happen overnight but with time & awareness it becomes easier, as I am finding.  There are some moments, we, as parents, need little reminders of how great our kids out and this helps me out in this area as well--because you combat the negative by pointing out the positives. 

The first CD is the basics of how to implement her CEHP system the other 4 CDs expand her methods into the common parenting problem areas--prevention of behavior problems, reduction of whining, anger & frustration, cooperation & then following through. She also has available other CDs that expand on different situations (I would love to listen to the "CEH Mealtimes" & the "Bringing Out the Best in Boys" cds), as well as a website Calmerparenting with info on seminars (Pasadena, CA area) and available telephone consultations if you should find you need more assistance. My only negatives to the program is the length to time it takes to listen to the first 5 CDs--approx 5 hrs (but I found it to be well worth the time) and the cost--definitely not unreasonable given the content but this economy makes things difficult.

I have started to implement the Descriptive Praise method into our life and my son responds well to it--and I really like that I am not yelling (as much--I am just starting out so I am sooo not perfect on it)! I am starting by focusing on specific problem areas--placing dishes in sink after meals, picking up toys without having to be asked multiple times, not fighting bedtime rituals. Slowly, I am trying to remember to expand it throughout the day. My son definitely thrives on pleasing people!  I currently do not have any foster children in my home but I can't help but wonder, if I had known about this method when we had one particular foster child, if we would have made more progress with his behavior issues, I have a feeling that we would have. I think the CEHP program is a positive & effective way to parent and can help parents be happier, more positive people as well.

Thanks to CEHP for my review copy!

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved