As many of you know this past week we have been on vacation, before we left Kelly shared a great recipe with me and said I could share with you. Here is what she had to say:
My daughter is a super picky eater and would sustain herself on frozen waffles and donuts if she could. So I have to be creative and continually find new ways to hide fruits, veggies, and even protein into her food so she's eating a balanced diet. Cupcakes are one of my daughter's favorite foods and since she doesn't know the difference between muffins and cupcakes quite yet - these are a perfect way to get her to eat fruit, veggies, and protein in one tasty treat!
Very Blueberry Bean Muffins
Ingredients
- 1 (15 oz.) can Canellini beans (white kidney)
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tin or line with silicone/paper liners.
- Place beans and milk in food processor and puree until smooth. (If your child is sensitive to textures, you might choose to puree the blueberries as well.)
- Mix sugar and flour together, then beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add bean mixture to the bowl, mixing all ingredients until well blended.
- Combine flours together, then mix in the flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon and place mixture into prepared muffin tin(s).
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Yields 24 muffins
I attached a photo as well that I took but am totally open if you want to use a stock image instead (I'm still working on my food photography skills).
About the author:
Kelly is a type A mom in Texas. She's a 28 year old, married, stay-at-home mom to a very active 2 year old (born 9 weeks premature). Her days are filled with diapers and sippy cups and tantrums and songs and Sesame Street and she loves every minute of it. Her blog is described as the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom on family, finances, fitness, and trying to lead a green life in Texas.
Kelly is a type A mom in Texas. She's a 28 year old, married, stay-at-home mom to a very active 2 year old (born 9 weeks premature). Her days are filled with diapers and sippy cups and tantrums and songs and Sesame Street and she loves every minute of it. Her blog is described as the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom on family, finances, fitness, and trying to lead a green life in Texas.
Thanks Kelly!
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


1 comment:
Yum! I think I'll try out these cupcakes, I mean muffins soon. I also think I could sustain myself of donuts. :)
Post a Comment