Image Map

Friday, July 22, 2011

Soap Goes All Natural With Squid Balm

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!


I was recently introduced to is ultra-cool line of natural, vegan skin care products called Squid Balm. Squid Balm is named for and formulated for a little girl nicknamed "Squid" who had issues with eczema, allergies and perpetual itch unrelieved by other soaps & lotions. The Squid Balm solid lotion bar was the initial product created but now they have added solid shampoo bars, solid conditioner bars, and crafted soaps and oil cleansers to their line. Each of their products is vegan, use wildcrafted & organic ingredients when possible, as earth friendly as possible and are Nut-Free, Bee-Free, phthalate-free, paraben-free and gluten-free--and of course they are cruelty-free (no squids or other creatures were harmed in the making of their products)!

Squid Balm solid lotion bars form a protective moisture barrier on the skin that stay on even through repeated hand washing. They come packed in a round tin, so they can go with you anywhere including on the plane--no water so they are TSA friendly!  You simply rub the bar between you hands and then rub the extra moisture where ever desired.   I tried the Jasmine Neroli scented lotion bar, which I loved the scent of. I have to admit that when I first picked up the bar and rubbed it between my hands I thought it was going to be too sticky for me (this is my first experience with a lotion bar as well) but once I rubbed it in and it warmed to my body it was smooth and wonderful feeling--I really like it!

Squid Balm Gentle Oil Cleansers are free of harsh detergents. They use natural oils to gently dissolve make-up, excess oil and other impurities on the skin allowing them to simply be rinsed away. I have never used an oil cleanser before, so I was a little surprised that you actually apply the oil cleanser with dry hands to dry skin--massage in for a minute or two then rinse in warm water and pat dry. I was given the oil cleanser for dry skin--now I actually have combination to oily skin (they have 3 formulations--oily to combination, dry or normal skin types) but with the amount of time I have spent swimming with my child lately--they dry skin formula worked remarkably well. It left my skin feeling well hydrated--I didn't need to add any extra face moisturizer after using it--I may if I had been using the oil to combination version (what I would normally use). 

Squid Balm Handcrafted Cold Process Soaps: Their soaps contain the best saponified oils and botanical ingredients. They are divinely fragranced with essential oils and are free of artificial colors, micas, oxides or ultramarines.  I was given a sample bar of the Honeysuckle scented and also the Lemon Drop scented bars. Both smell wonderful and left my skin feeling clean and nourished. The Lemon Drop was also an exfoliator but it was a very gentle one--not at all harsh or scratch like some can be. 

Squid Balm Squid Squeak Solid Shampoo Bar is designed to clean and nourish your hair without harsh chemicals or sulfates. It comes in 2 formulas--original formula for normal to dry hair or Light formula for oily or fine hair. To use the Shampoo Bar (my first experience with one) you simply rub the bar through wet hair to work up the suds, massage through the hair and rinse well. I was given a sample of the original formula Tangerine to try out. I was impressed with how clean feeling it left my hair. The tangerine is a nice clean scent as well. I was definitely impressed. 

Squid Balm Solid Conditioner Bar gently detangle and condition without proteins and silicones that can weigh down the hair.  You simply rub the bar between wet hands and smooth the conditioner through wet clean hair--depending on the amount of conditioning you need--you decide whether or not to rinse it out. I chose to use my coconut scented conditioner bar as a leave in conditioner, and it worked great--it left my hair feeling soft. The other great thing about the Conditioner bar is that it can be used as a shaving lotion (it won't clog the blades & rinses clean with warm water) as well as a curl refresher, a skin conditioner and an after-shave skin soother.

They also carry Bath Bombs as well--to drop into your bath and soothe away all the stresses of the day. Several of their products are also Phytoestrogen Free, for those who are in need to those products.

I personally was quite impressed with the Squid Balm line of products. I personally, love that they offer both scented and unscented versions of their products. I love that their bars are TSA friendly--so they are great options for flying and the bars are long lasting so they are bound to last through your entire vacation. I like how my skin and hair felt after using their products! The only thing I would like to see different is, I would like to be able to find their products in local stores! Maybe we will in the near future. For now, I will just need to purchase them through the website!

If you are looking for "Decadent Vegan Care for Beautiful Skin & Hair" look no further than Squid Balm, you are sure to be impressed with their products and variety! You can discover more about the Squid Balm products on Facebook and Twitter!

 Thank you to Squid Balm for my samples used in this review, opinions are honest.  Review by Michelle.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved