Image Map

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chronicles of Chiril Series: Dragons of the Watch Book for your Teen/Tween Reader

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!


Best-selling, contemporary, Christian, fiction author and author of the award winning DragonKeeper Chronicles, Donita K. Paul, has recently released her third installment in her Chronicles of Chiril series called, Dragons of the Watch (Waterbrook Press, 2011).  This book picks up where The Dragons of Chiril and Dragons of the Valley left off.
Here is the synopsis of Dragons of the Watch: A Novel which boasts "A Fantastic Journey of Discovery for All Ages" from its back cover:

Trapped in a forgotten city, bound by secrets, Ellie and Bealomondore must enlist the dragons of the watch to find freedom.
Ellie knows exactly where she is going. She just wants to experience the pomp and circumstance of a royal wedding, then settle into a simple life with a country husband.
With too many choices, Bealomondore’s future is a tangle of possibilities. He is respected, well-known, and admired among the elite of Chiril, but Wulder demands he narrow his focus and follow his Creator, one step at a time.
Both Ellie and Bealomondore’s plans are thwarted when they find themselves lost in an isolated city. As they discern the needs of a group of wild children and a very old man, clues began to surface and a bigger picture is revealed. With the help of the dragons of the watch, can the two tumanhofers find the way out—and perhaps discover their connection to something greater than themselves?

Fantasy is so very popular, maybe a little bit more so right now, but I have always enjoyed it, but as a parent, I do worry about encouraging the darker side too much--but I don't want to hinder imaginative growth. I think this is why I enjoyed the Dragons of the Watch so much--it eliminated this worry, while completely entertaining me as a reader. I have not read the other 2 books in the series, and while I enjoyed Dragons of the Watch alone, I think I would have preferred to have read the first 2 books first. I think these books would make a great read for those who enjoy fantasy, and would be an excellent read for kids (8+) through adults.

Thanks to Random House for my sample for review. Opinions are honest. Review by Michelle. 

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved