If you enjoy instrumental music with some pizzazz, you will love the recently released album from Sony Masterworks called, The Goat Rodeo Sessions.
The Goat Rodeo Sessions takes some of the best instrumentalists from various genres and creates "organized chaos" that results in some of the most enjoyable, upbeat, fun music I have hear in a while. The album showcases:
*Edgar Meyer--bassist
*Chris Thile--mandolinist
*Stuart Duncan--fiddler
Each of these musicians is a superstar in their own arena but together as a unified ensemble, they have created one of the most remarkable and organic cross-genre project out there. This album is primarily instrumental but does include 2 vocal tracks featuring the voices of Chris Thile and guest artist, Aoife O'Donovan (lead vocalist and writer for bluegrass group, Crooked Still).
I really enjoyed this album, I love listening to in the car. Honestly, my 4 year old is jigging to "Quarter Dark Chicken" right now as I am typing this--so obviously he is a fan also!
If you are a music lover or have one on you holiday shopping list--I highly recommend giving The Goat Rodeo Sessions a listen and picking up your own copy to keep for yourself or to give as gift!
Thank you to Sony Music for my sample used in this review, opinions are honest, review by Michelle.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


No comments:
Post a Comment