Back in 2001, my husband and I became foster parents to three little boys (who have since moved on) and one of the most invaluable resources that we received as a new parent was a book called The 5 Love Languages of Children (Northfield Publishing, 1997, 2005 and the latest revision Feb. 2012) by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. More than one million copies of The 5 Love Languages of Children have been sold to date, for a very good reason, in my opinion.
Here is the synopsis of The 5 Love Languages of Children from the back cover of the 2012 revision:
You know you love your child. But how can you show it so they really feel loved?
The #1 New York Times bestselling The 5 Love Languages has helped millions of couples learn the secret to building a love that lasts. Now discover how to speak your child's love language--and make them feel loved in a way they understand. Dr. Gary Chapman and Dr. Ross Campbell help you:
*Discover your child's love language
*Understand the link between successful learning and the love languages
*See how the love languages can help you discipline more effectively
*Build a foundation of unconditional love for your child
Plus: Find dozens of tips for practical ways to speak your child's love language!
As a foster parent, I have the unique experience of trying to discover how to best care for and parent a child who is a bit older, rather than grow along with my child, it made it all the more blatantly obvious, first, how much a child simply needs to be shown love and compassion in a way they can receive it and second, how different each child is. The 5 Love Languages of Children helped me figure out how to help reach each of the boys, and now, as I was reading through the latest edition, I realize that I have pulled knowledge learned from my original book to help discover my own son. Now, it has been such a long time ago that I read the original book, that I honestly can't tell you what has changed, but I do still feel like this is a book every parent should read to help decipher their own children. It is well written and easy to read and understand.
I highly recommend The 5 Love Languages of Children to all parents, it could make such a positive impact on your relationship with your child.
Giveaway ends at 8pm, on Sunday, April 22nd.
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
U.S. entries only
Want to win?
U.S. entries only
Want to win?
Tell me, what of the 5 Languages do you think apply to your child
Like 5 Languages of Love on FacebookFollow 5 Languages of Love on Twitter
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


38 comments:
I like the quality time language erinnsluka@gmail.com
I think the quality time language would be most beneficial for my kids and I.
residentmayor at satx.rr.com
I follow you on Pinterest - Doodle741
residentmayor at satx.rr.com
Tweeted! https://twitter.com/#!/SensiblySara/status/188091287096926208
residentmayor at satx.rr.com
Subscribe
Like u on fb
FolloW u on Twitter
Follow MSM on fb
Follow MSM on Twitter
Follow MSM on pinterest
I think all of the 5 languages apply to my children _ there are 4 & all different
Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
SUBSCRIBER
I think my children would like quality of time language
like gary chapman on facebook ERin Cook
follow gary chapman on twitter @cooks1978
I'd say touch
klconn7 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Follow 5 Languages of Love on Twitter
@kc98765
klconn7 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
@kc98765
klconn7 (at) yahoo (dot) com
I am thinking the quality time and touch one applies to my children. This looks like a great read!
jodidawson at hotmail dot com
I like you on facebook.
jodidawson at hotmail dot com
I follow you on twitter. (tjdawson18)
I follow you on pinterest.
jodidawson at hotmail dot com
I subscribe to your emails!
jodidawson at hotmail dot com
I think the quality time language applies.
I follow 5 Languages of Love on Facebook under the username likwan.
I follow 5 Languages of Love on Twitter under the username likwan.
I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.
I subscribed to your feed.
I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/likwan/status/194168535151427585.
I shared this giveaway on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/likwan/posts/344306975633752.
quality time
pjames330 at aol dot com
fb fan
of msm
pjames330 at aol dot com
twitter follower
msm
pj436
pjames330 at aol dotc om
pinterest follower
of msm
pjames330 at aol dot com
subscriber
pjames330 at aol dot com
Quality time.
I'm an email subscriber.
Post a Comment