Image Map

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gustafer Yellowgold's Year In The Day! Review & Giveaway

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!
 
 
Cartoonists, songwriter and performer, Morgan Taylor has created a "musical moving storybook" called Gustafer Yellowgold, which combines equal parts pop rock concert and hand-drawn cartoon. Some of you may already be familiar with Gustafer Yellowgold, for since his creation in 2005 he has become an international phenomenon! The New York Times accurately describes it as "a cross between 'Yellow Submarine' and Dr. Seuss." Morgan has recently created his 5th DVD/CD package in the the Gustafer Yellowgold series called, Gustafer Yellowgold's Year in the Day (Apple-Eye Productions, 4/3/2012).

Here is the synopsis of Gustafer Yellowgold's Year in the Day from the back of the DVD/CD package care:

In Gustafer Yellowgold's Year In The Day, we find former Sun-resident Gustafer Yellowgold enjoying his Minnesota woodland home and experiencing his own unique take on a year's worth of Earth holidays, both classic and unusual. These humorous and hand-drawn music videos follow Gustafer through eleven different days of the calendar year. The season kicks off with the crackling, minty optimism of "New Is The New Old," then moves to some worm's-eye- view philosophizing with a groundhog in the McCartney-esque "A Shadow." "Pancake Smackdown" gets a Freddy Mercury-type royal treatment by intertwining a rocking medieval choir with a flurry of frisbeed flapjacks to celebrate Fat Tuesday/Pancake Day. Gustafer spooks himself a bit with an awesome Halloween costume in the howling 1970s guitar-driven exhilaration of "Werewolves Rock," then settles head first into comfort-food heaven in the Tin Pan Alley swing of "Pumpkin Pied." Many more celebrations receive the one-of-a-kind Gustafer blend of blissful pop-music, lyrical poignancy and gorgeously drawn cartoon absurdity.

The tracks include:
1. New Is The New Old
2. A Shadow
3. Keep It Simple Sweetheart
4. Pancake Smackdown
5. Four Leaved Clover
6. Eggs
7. Midsummer's Son
8. Fireworks!
9. Werewolves Rock
10. Pumpkin Pied
11. Fa And A La

DVD bonus features include: "Making of Year In The Day"  and "Gustafer Guitar Lessons"

I think that Gustafer Yellowgold may have been originally designed for preschool and grade school aged children, but there is just something about it that pulls you in, even as an adult. It is creative, funny and has great music, really it is quite entertaining for all ages! We all enjoyed watching Gustafer Yellowgold's Year In The Day. I think that it will become a timeless video in our home!  Beware though, the music tends to get stuck in your head, it's a bit infectious! Love it!

If you haven't experienced Gustafer Yellowgold before, check out the Gustafer Yellowgold website and take a walk through Gustafer's house and check out some of the video clips you can view throughout the site and of course, you are going to want to check out the new DVD/CD set, Gustafer Yellowgold's Year In The Day!

 Would you like to win a copy of Gustafer Yellogold's Year In The Day?

Giveaway ends at 8pm, on Sunday, April 15th.
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
U.S. entries only

Want to win?
Like Gustafer Yellowgold on Facebook
Follow Gustafer Yellowgold on Twitter
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.

 Thank you to Waldmania for my samples used in this review and for the winner's prize, opinions are honest.  
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

36 comments:

mrussell said...

Msm FB fan

mrussell said...

MSM Twitter Follower

mrussell said...

MSM Pinterest follower

mrussell said...

Like u on fbb

mrussell said...

Follow u on Twitter

Unknown said...

I like you on FB as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Twitter as Anneliz702.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Pinterest as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe to blog emails.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

SUBSCRIBER

Candie L said...

I like you on facebook. Thank you

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

Gina said...

I liked Gustafer Yellogold on FB!
oregonrockmom@gmail.com

Gina said...

I just followed Gustafer Yellowgold on twitter.
oregonrockmom@gmail.com

Gina said...

I follow you on FB!
oregonrockmom@gmail.com

Gina said...

I follow you on twitter!
oregonrockmom@gmail.com

Gina said...

I follow you on Pinterest!
oregonrockmom@gmail.com

pmj said...

fb fan
of
gc
pamela j
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

pinterest follower
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

twitter follower
pj436

pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

twitter follower

of
gc
pj436
pjames330 at aol dot com

~ Sam ~ said...

I like Gustafer Yellowgold on FB
Samantha Hill
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I follow Gustafer Yellowgold on Twitter
@sam8310
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I like you on FB
Samantha Hill
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I follow you on Twitter
@sam8310
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I'm a subscriber
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

lilyk said...

I follow Gustafer Yellowgold on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow Gustafer Yellowgold on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/likwan/status/191645819148050434.

lilyk said...

I shared this giveaway on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/likwan/posts/437928122890511.

Erin Cook said...

Like them on Facebook Erin Cook

Erin Cook said...

Follow them 'n twitter @cooks1978

Erin Cook said...

Like you on Facebook Erin Cook

Erin Cook said...

Follow you on twitter. @cooks1978

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved