Image Map

Monday, April 2, 2012

POCOYO Fun & Games Review & Giveaway

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!


Did you realize that Earth Hour 2012 took place this past Saturday, March 31st from 8:30pm-9:30pm? Earth Hour is a time when individuals, businesses, governments and communities turn out their lights for one hour to show their support year-round support and commitment to help protect and preserve our planet!
To support the Earth Hour campaign, Zinkia Entertainment has teamed up and POCOYO, the Global Kids' Ambassador for the new World Wildlife Fund's Earth Hour 2012 "I Will if You Will" campaign, to spread the message world wide, by planting trees for children playing POCOYO Recycling Game (they have surpassed their previous goals and are now working on planing 50,000 trees if 100,000 people play the game)!  You can also plant your own trees (10cents/tree) by visiting Plant-Trees.org.

POCOYO reminds us that taking care of our environment needs to happen every day! Here are some tips on how you can help take care of Mother Earth all year long: 

At Home:
1.    Turn off lights and all electronics when you leave a room to conserve energy
2.    Turn off lights and appliances at the wall when not in use
3.    Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs
4.    Use rechargeable batteries in toys
5.    Say no to disposable plastic water bottles and use refillable stainless steel alternatives
6.    Use dish towels instead of paper towels
7.    Don’t use disposable plates, utensils or napkins
8.    If you have stuff you no longer need, instead of throwing them away, minimize yourwaste footprint and donate to a charity or use a service that allows items to be donated or recycled such as www.palcycle.com
9.    Use the sunlight to warm up a room by keeping the blind and drapes open
10.  Close drapes and blinds when it’s too hot to keep a room cool
11.  Plant Native plants that require less water, care& maintenance
12. Grow your own fruits & vegetables
13.  Start a compost
14.  Have a candlelight “family hour” at least once a week & play board games in lieu of TV.
15.  Ask kids to help sort the recycling and explain how this help to reduce waste
16.  Reduce your water use -- Take shorter showers,turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, install water saving shower-heads and dual-flush toilets, repair dripping taps – all these things add up!

Around Town:
1.     Walk, use a bicycle or take public transportation
2.     Car pool to school and/or work
3.     Take a reusable cloth bag when you go shopping
4.     Buy local, seasonal produce and avoid unnecessarily packaged goods
5.     Choose Fair Trade products
6.     Share your “green tips” with friends

Here are some ideas for holding an Earth-Friendly Party:

*Make invitations out of recycled paper or send an email invite.
*Use organic and locally sustained food.
*Serve finger foods to skip using plates and utensils, and use cloth napkins that can be washed and used again. 
*Make dishes that don’t require the oven or electricity to prepare.
*Be creative with food, ie, licorice ends can be cut off to make edible straws for the kids.
*Family craft project – try making the special Keepsake holder out of an old cereal box (see instructions below).
*Have a nighttime, outdoor, eco-friendly scavenger hunt by flashlight - hunt for recyclable items like milk cartons, egg cartons, etc.  Once the items are found, explain how they are used for recycling and to save our environment.
*Have a recycled book exchange for the kids and adults, instead of favors.
*Have fun and remember to have enough candles and flashlights for everyone to see! 

POCOYO also has a new DVD, that will be available on April 3rd, 2012 called, POCOYO Fun & Games from NCircle Entertainment. Here is the synopsis from the back of the DVD case:

Pocoyo is a fun-loving, curious little boy with a big personality. He loves to explore, play games and have fun with his friends Pato, Elly, Loula and Sleepy Bird. Join them as they stage their own version of they Olympics, create a magic show and ride the new, big, scary slide in the playground. Experience fun and games in Pocoyo's world.

POCOYO: Fun & Games features 90 minutes of adorable and funny antics, so typical of a toddler/preschooler! The episodes include:
Pocoyolympics; Bat and Ball; Big Scary Slide; Magic Art; Get Lost, Loula; Having a Ball; Not in My Backyard; Invisible Pocoyo; Guess What; Double Trouble; Sneaky Shoes; Dirty Dog

POCOYO: Fun & Games is sure to be a hit with the little ones in your life. I know my son finds delight in Pocoyo and his friends and all their fun antics! This DVD would be a wonderful addition to an Easter Basket this holiday season!

Would you like to win a copy of POCOYO Fun & Games?

Giveaway ends at 8pm, on Sunday, April 15th.
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
U.S. entries only

Want to win?
Tell me one way you teach your kids to respect the Earth.
Like NCircle on Facebook
Follow NCircle on Twitter
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.

 Thank you to 360-Com for my samples used in this review and for the winner's prize, opinions are honest.    
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

70 comments:

mrussell said...

Subscribe

mrussell said...

Follow MSM on Twitter

mrussell said...

Follow MSM on fb

mrussell said...

Follow MSM on pinterest

mrussell said...

Liked u on fb

mrussell said...

I teach my children to respect the Earth by recycling we recycle everything

Roseann K. said...

email subscriber

rj7777 said...

My kids are grown. i think the best way is by example and pointing out things that are done My grandson is just starting to learn things like this. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I like n-circle on Facebook. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I follow n-circle on twitter. rjs7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I like you on Facebook. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I follow you on twitter rjs7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I follow you on Pinterest. rj7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

e-mail subscriber rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I tweeted about this giveaway at https://twitter.com/#!/rjs7777/status/189952621178658817
rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I shared this giveaway at https://www.facebook.com/rita.spratlen/posts/116923678441616
rjspratlen@gmail.com

Jessica said...

I teach my kids to respect the earth by physically showing them how the earth works, I take them on nature walks and show them all the living things the plants, flowers, birds and how things work.

xporschex27@aol.com

Jessica said...

Liked Ncircle on facebook user name Jessica Barnett

xporschex27@aol.com

Jessica said...

Liked springfield mommy on facebook user name Jessica Barnett

xporschex27@aol.com

Jessica said...

Liked my springfield mommy on twitter user name Jessamama

xporschex27@aol.com

Jessica said...

Following on pinterest user name Jessica Barnett or Jessamama

xporschex27@aol.com

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Tweeted https://twitter.com/#!/JessaMama/status/190148632861868032

xporschex27@aol.com

Jessica said...

subscribed to feed

xporschex27@aol.com

latanya t said...

recycling and not litering

latanya t said...

https://twitter.com/#!/sweetums82/status/190517349231763456

latanya t said...

I Like NCircle on Facebook

latanya t said...

I follow ncircle on twitter

nicole flowers said...

I teach my kids to respect the earth, one way is picking up garbage when we go to the park.

fantasticfrugalfamily at gmail dot com

~ Sam ~ said...

Whenever we go for a walk, we pick up any garbage we find along the way. We make sure lights, televisions & anything else are turned off when we leave a room. We also recycle :)
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I like NCircle on FB
Samantha Hill
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I follow NCircle on Twitter
@sam8310
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I like you on FB
Samantha Hill
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I follow you on Twitter
@sam8310
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

~ Sam ~ said...

I'm a subscriber
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

lilyk said...

I encourage recycling.

kayshem said...

We recycle anything we can instead of throwing it away.
kayshem@hotmail.com

lilyk said...

I follow NCircle on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow NCircle on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I subscribed to your feed.

kayshem said...

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/kayshem17/posts/337067756353774

lilyk said...

I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/likwan/status/191651273521635328.

lilyk said...

I shared this giveaway on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/likwan/posts/153605408102393.

kayshem said...

email subscriber
kayshem@hotmail.com

kayshem said...

NCircle FB fan
Katie Morris Crider

kayshem said...

follow NCircle on Twitter
@kayshem17

kayshem said...

MSM FB fan
Katie Morris Crider

kayshem said...

follow MSM on Twitter
@kayshem17

kayshem said...

follow on Pinterest
Kathryn/Katie Morris Crider
kayshem@hotmail.com

kayshem said...

https://twitter.com/#!/kayshem17/status/191654766563164161

Erin Cook said...

Like NCircle on Facebook Erin Cook

Erin Cook said...

Follow NCircle on twitter @cooks1978

Erin Cook said...

Like you on Facebook Erin Cook

Erin Cook said...

Follow you on twitter @cooks1978

Farrah Shumway said...

I have taught them all to recycle :)

farrah_jo@yahoo.com

Farrah Shumway said...

Like NCircle on FB
Farrah Shumway

farrah_jo@yahoo.com

Farrah Shumway said...

Follow NCircle on Twitter
@farrah_jo

farrah_jo@yahoo.com

Farrah Shumway said...

Follow you on Twitter
@farrah_jo

farrah_jo@yahoo.com

Farrah Shumway said...

Lke you on FB
Farrah Shumway

farrah_jo@yahoo.com

Farrah Shumway said...

Follow you on Pinterest
Farrah Shumway

farrah_jo@yahoo.com

Farrah Shumway said...

Email Subscriber

farrah_jo@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

We talk about recycling and finding ways we can show our respect to the earth.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I like NCircle on FB as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow NCircle on Twitter as Anneliz702.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I like you on FB as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Twitter Anneliz702.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe to blog emails.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Pinterest as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved