Image Map

Monday, September 17, 2012

Entertain Like A Gentleman Review & Giveaway

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!


The kitchen is no longer "a woman's place"--my husband learned that lesson back in the mid-'90's when we were still dating, so I taught him to cook! He does a great job--especially when he has a recipe in front of him. Recently, we were introduced to a cookbook, designed specifically for men, with even the recipes having a bit of extra masculinity to them. This book is called, Entertain Like A Gentleman (New Year Publishing, LLC, 2011) by culinary instructor, David Harap.
Here is the synopsis of Entertain Like A Gentleman from the back cover of the book:

Entertain Like a Gentleman presents over 75 original recipes developed over Harap's years of experience cooking, entertaining, and teaching cooking classes in the Austin, Texas area. Part cookbook, part how-to-guide, Entertain Like a Gentleman is organized into 16 chapters, covers all types of gatherings, from Super Bowl Parties to Scotch tastings, intimate dinner parties to breakfast in bed. The impressive yet easy-to-prepare recipes use common ingredients and are interspersed with practical tips to help the host keep the festivities on track.

My husband (and I) really like this cookbook for several reasons: 1) the recipes are completely make-able--the directions are clear and easy to follow and the recipes turn out as we expect them to. 2) the cookbook is divided into occasions, so it really cuts down on planning time 3) the shopping lists makes it easy to make sure you have everything on hand before attempting--my husband made a copy of the lists he wanted and checked it off in the store as it went into the cart. 4) Chapter 9 is "Cooking with Kiddos"--the very reason my husband needed to learn to cook--he was not always feeding our child takeout or microwave hot dogs, he needed to be able to make them something nutritious! 5) everything he needs to create a romantic meal or breakfast in bed is right there (yes, I have a bit of a romantic side that no one sees!) 6) it has tons of extra information that will help you grow as a cook. It helped with pairing drinks and lots of other useful information to help men really entertain their target audience. 

We haven't tested out a ton of the recipes yet, so far the Octoberfest themed recipes--Homemade bratwurst patty sandwiches (he skipped the pretzel rolls--but they sound wonderful), bratkartolffen and apple gingerbread bread pudding were wonderful. He had to test out the chipotle marshmallow crispy treats right off the bat. I am still waiting for my romantic meal (of course it will be with our 5 year old too) but it has been fun to see my husband really try out some new recipes and have them be successful! I do think that Entertain Like A Gentleman is a great cookbook for men at all cooking levels!  The days of only women in the kitchen are long gone, now every man can cook great food for most any occasion and audience!

 Would you like to win a copy of Entertain Like A Gentleman?

Giveaway ends Sunday, October 7th at 8pm CST
 Winner chosen by Random.org
Winner must check back on Monday after the giveaway to see if they are the winner.
Winners responsible for emailing us shipping info

Want to win?
 Tell me why you want to win this book?
Share one of your "Man's" Entertaining Tricks.
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest 
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments

Thank you to Entertain Like A Gentleman for my sample used in this review and for the winner's prize.  Opinions are honest.  Review by Michelle.
 
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

26 comments:

Roseann K. said...

My husband loves to cook and have guests over. He'd love to have this book!

Roseann K. said...

Facebook fan.

Roseann K. said...

Pinterest follower.

one frugal lady said...

I would love to win this for my bachelor brother!

bison61 said...

my husband does cook and the shopping lists would be handy for him

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

bison61 said...

e-mail subscriber

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Regina D said...

Bc i want to give it to my husband he needs it

Regina D said...


he acts funny

mrussell said...

Follow on twitter

mrussell said...

My husbands entertaining idea is meatballs in a crockpot with BBQ sauce

Unknown said...

I'd like to win this for my brother-in-law for Christmas.Thanks for the cool giveaway! :)

Unknown said...

My brother-in-law goes all out when we have family holidays.We could feed an army!Lol!

Unknown said...

I like MSM on FB
Sue Hull

Unknown said...

I follow MSM on Pinterest
suelvsbucks

Unknown said...

I subscribe to MSM via email
tigers3450@att.net

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

great for many men friends

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

subscriber

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

twitter

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

pinterest

AMY said...

I like you on facebook. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

AMY said...

email subscriber cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

cman said...

I'd like it for m husband.

cman said...

Always make more than enough food.. better have too much than not enough.

cman said...

I'm an email subscriber.

Diana said...

I would love this book - I am a cookbook collector!
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Diana said...

I follow you on twitter
hrddiana556@gmail.com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved