Image Map

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Raggedy Ann Is Back! Review & Giveaway

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

Did you know that Raggedy Ann is the original doll with a heart?  She and her best friend Andy are back thanks to Aurora World and Hasbro.  Together they have given this traditional toy a slightly updated and modern makeover while staying true to their vintage look.

I remember having a Raggedy Ann doll when I was a little girl.  I also remember dressing up as her for Halloween one year.  There is something so simple yet timeless about her story that no matter how old you are, I am sure you have a story to share.


I was sent a Raggedy Ann doll to take a look at, instantly I was drawn to her rosy cheeks and  button eyes.  Of course her red yard hair is what she is best known for, but I love her name being embroidered on her skirt.  As always she a personality all her own, which is what I think makes her so special.

Thanks to Aurora,  My Springfield Mommy readers can get free shipping on orders of $50 and more when they use code YooHoo12.

 Would you like to win a Raggedy Ann?

Giveaway ends Sunday, September 16th at 8pm CST
 Winner chosen by Random.org
Winner must check back on Monday after the giveaway to see if they are the winner.
Winners responsible for emailing us shipping info

Want to win?
Share a Raggedy Ann &/or Andy story from your childhood
Do you think your children will enjoy Raggedy Ann & Andy? Why?
Like Aurora on Facebook
Check out a Aurora Video on YouTube, what do you think?
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest 
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments

 Thank you to Aurora for my sample used in this review, and for the winners prize.  Opinions are honest.

*Raggedy Ann and Andy are recommend for children over 18 months of age*

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

136 comments:

AMY said...

I had a Toy Bench that had Raggedy Ann And Andy on it. It was my favorite thing in my room and I also played on it. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

AMY said...

My children will enjoy it because I've read them Raggedy Ann and Andy books and they really liked the stories. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

AMY said...

I like Aurora on facebook. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

AMY said...

I like you on facebook. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

AMY said...

email subscriber cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

phxbne said...

twitter follower
@phxbne

phxbne said...

email subscriber

phxbne said...

Like on facebook Michele Daley

Roseann K. said...

Pinterest follower

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

never had my own

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

my girls love the stories

Colleen Maurina said...

I had a Raggedy Ann doll when I was little and was fascinated by her heart! She was a favorite doll in my childhood.

colljerr at comcast dot net

Colleen Maurina said...

I would love my little granddaughter to have a Raggedy Ann doll so she can love it like I did! It's such a soft and cuddly doll!

colljerr at comcast dot net

Colleen Maurina said...

I like Aurora on Facebook. (Colleen Maurina)

colljerr at comcast dot net

Colleen Maurina said...

Watched their YooHoo Dances at Toy Fair YouTube video. What a cute Mascot and he dances so well! Would love to go to a toy fair!

colljerr at comcast dot net

Colleen Maurina said...

I like you on Facebook. (Colleen Maurina)

colljerr at comcast dot net

Colleen Maurina said...

I subscribe to you by email.

colljerr at comcast dot net

Tami Vollenweider said...

I never had a Raggedy Ann Doll when I was little

tamilynn59@yahoo.com

Tami Vollenweider said...

Facebook Fan of Aurora (Tami Simoneaux)

tamilyn59@yahoo.com

Tami Vollenweider said...

My Niece would like the Raggedy Ann Doll

tamilynn59@yahoo.com

Tami Vollenweider said...

Facebook Fan (Tami Simoneaux)

tamilynn59@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

My story is from when I was in my early teens a friends Mom made me a homemade Raggedy Ann and I loved her, shortly after we had a home fire and I lost her to the fire. I would love to give this one to my granddaughter.
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I think my granddaughter would love either, she loves dolls!
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow Aurora on Facebook; Carrie Phelps
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow you on Pinterest; Carrie Phelps
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow Aurora on YouTube; carriedust
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I tweeted about this giveaway; @CarrieDust
CarrieDust@yahoo.com
https://twitter.com/CarrieDust/status/243500325326163968

Carrie Phelps said...

FB share; Carrie Phelps
carriedust@yahoo.com
https://www.facebook.com/carriedust/posts/237535069703036

Regina D said...

my granny made my sister and i lifesize dolls that i still have we loved raggedy ann and andy

Regina D said...

yes they like playing with the lifesz ones and great adventures

Regina D said...

like aurura

Regina D said...

my kids enjoyed watching the cute episode

Regina D said...


*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook

Regina D said...

*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter

Regina D said...

*Follow me on Pinterest

Regina D said...

*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed

mrussell said...

Follow MSM on twitter

mrussell said...

I still have my raggedy Anne from when I was a kid

mrussell said...

Like the video

mrussell said...

My girls will like them because I did

bison61 said...

I had a small raggedy Ann that my grandmother gave me

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

bison61 said...

my granddaughter would love a Raggedy Ann because she is cute and cuddly

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

bison61 said...

e-mail subscriber

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

rj7777 said...

I had Raggedy Ann and Andy when I was a kid and a few extra! My great aunt was a nun and her friend a nun also used to make them and sell them. She did a great job. I used to take them to bed with me for years. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I think little ones will love them! They have a cute face and just are so real. Why wouldn't they? Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I like Aurora on facebook. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I think the Aurora you tube channel has a lot of great characters to their collection. I told them that too!! Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I follow you on Pinterest. rj7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I tweeted about this giveaway at https://twitter.com/rjs7777/status/244600879796326400
rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I shared this giveaway at https://www.facebook.com/rita.spratlen/posts/346365435452724
rjspratlen@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I remember bringing my Raggedy Ann & Andy everywhere with me.Also sleeping with them.I had little sisters that would take them so I'd hide them under my pillow.
Thanks for the Best giveaway! :)

Unknown said...

My daughter is grown but she had both Raggedy Ann & Andy.They're packed away until she has kids in a few yrs.She was my only child so she didn't have to share them so they're in great conditioner.

Unknown said...

I like Aurora on FB
Sue Hull

Unknown said...

I watched the video of YooHoo Dances at the Toy Fair 2012.
It was funny and cute.Whoever was in that costume did a great job dancing in that.Lol!

Unknown said...

I like MSM on FB
Sue Hull

Unknown said...

I follow MSM on Twitter
@tigers3450

Unknown said...

I follow MSM on Pinterest
suelvsbucks

Unknown said...

I subscribe to MSM via email

DEBIJOT said...

https://twitter.com/DEBIJOT/status/244967434375819265

DEBIJOT said...

I did not own a Raggedy Ann

DEBIJOT said...

The kids would love Raggedy Ann

DEBIJOT said...

like aurora on fb - deborah t

Unknown said...

I remember having the dolls when I was a kid.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I think my kids would love them because they are always enamoured with anything from my childhood.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I like you on FB as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Pinterest as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Twitter as Anneliz702.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe to blog emails.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

rookieabh said...

My mom actually collects Raggedy Ann.. she would love this!
ashley_brooke_h(at)hotmail(dot)com

rookieabh said...

Not sure if my boys would like them..maybe not since they're boys.. you never know!
ashley_brooke_h(at)hotmail(dot)com

rookieabh said...

Checked out a Aurora Video on YouTube.. pretty cool.. my 3 year old liked it too!
ashley_brooke_h(at)hotmail(dot)com

rookieabh said...

Like you on Fb - Ashley Brooke Sifers
ashley_brooke_h(at)hotmail(dot)com

rookieabh said...

follow on twitter
ashley_brooke_h(at)hotmail(dot)com

rookieabh said...

@rookieabs

rookieabh said...

subscribe by google reader
ashley_brooke_h(at)hotmail(dot)com

DEBIJOT said...

follow you on fb = deborah t

DEBIJOT said...

follow you on twitter - debijot

DEBIJOT said...

follow you on pinterest - deborah t

DEBIJOT said...

follow Aurora on utube and checked out YooHoo at Toy Fair video - very cute

DEBIJOT said...

subscribe to daily feed - google reader sub

HannahAchrissmile said...

yes i think my children would love raggedy ann someday

HannahAchrissmile said...

like you on fb - as chris knapp

HannahAchrissmile said...

follow on twitter ( achrissmile)

HannahAchrissmile said...

follow on pinterest ( achrissmile)

HannahAchrissmile said...

subscriber via email for aigcanada7

HannahAchrissmile said...

tweet https://twitter.com/achrissmile/status/246415991834308608

HannahAchrissmile said...

shared on fb http://www.facebook.com/vulcanjava/posts/281499061959201

Jennifer said...

i never had one growing up but always wanted one
jenniferwinchester@ymail.com

Jennifer said...

i like Aurora on facebook
Jennifer Winchester
jenniferwinchester@ymail.com

Jennifer said...

i like you on facebook
Jennifer Winchester
jenniferwinchester@ymail.com

Jennifer said...

i sub. to your emails
jenniferwinchester@ymail.com

Anonymous said...

When I was a little girl I had a raggedy ann. She was part of my family of dolls I had in my room. I don't know what ever happened to her.

mlynnh5 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My four year old likes dolls a lot and I know she's like a Raggedy Ann!


mlynnh5 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter. I’m mlynnh8

mlynnh5 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I’m subscribed to your emails

mlynnh5 at gmail dot com

marcia goss said...

I kept my Raggedy Ann doll and gave it to my daughter when she was old enough.
marcia.goss@gmail.com

marcia goss said...

Email subscriber.
marcia.goss@gmail.com

marcia goss said...

I follow you on Twitter @mgoss123.
marcia.goss@gmail.com

marcia goss said...

Tweet.
https://twitter.com/mgoss123/status/247331071975362561
marcia.goss@gmail.com

marcia goss said...

I like Aurora on Facebook. (Marcia Goss)
marcia.goss@gmail.com

Nancy said...

As a child I liked reading Raggedy Ann and Andy stories and having the doll as well!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

Children in our family will adore Raggedy Ann and Andy, as children have for several generations!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

Like Aurora on FB

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

On YouTube, I liked the Walking YooHoo at Atlanta video.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

LIke MSM on FB

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

I'm an email subscriber.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Mom Caboodle said...

My Raggedy Ann story is my mother had one made for me when I was little and I was hooked! I have a huge Raggedy Ann collection!

Mom Caboodle said...

Yes, my daughter loves Raggedy Ann just as much as I do!

Shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

I Like Aurora on Facebook (Shanna Bailes)


shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

I checked out Aurora on YouTube and I subscribed to them (slbailes69)

I watched this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzEieuDpLiw&list=UUUWcTSi6KKF_8x7JmeMgnqA&index=2&feature=plcp


shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

I Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook (Shanna Bailes)


shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

I Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter (@momcaboodle)


shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

I follow you on Pinterest (Shanna Bailes)


shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

I subscribe

shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

Shared on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Shannabailes/posts/380518712019332


shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Mom Caboodle said...

Tweet:
https://twitter.com/MomCaboodle/status/247388420706533376


shanna at mom caboodle dot com

Jodi said...

My mom actually dressed me up as Raggedy Ann for halloween when I was little. I also a Raggedy Ann doll!

Jodi said...

I like AURORA on facebook.

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Jodi said...

I follow MSM On twitter. @tjdawson18

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Jodi said...

I follow you on pinterest.

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Darlene said...

I love and Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. I always wanted one as a child but my parents couldn't afford one.

Darlene said...

Like Aurora on Facebook

Darlene said...


*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook

Darlene said...


*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter

Darlene said...


*Follow you on Pinterest

Darlene said...


*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed

Diana said...

My aunt made a set of RAggedy Ann and Andy for each of my two girls and we loved them
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Diana said...

My granddaughter would love this!!
hrddiana556@gmail.com

lilyk said...

I don't have a Raggedy Ann/Raggedy Andy story.

lilyk said...

I follow Aurora on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I thought the Aurora Milly the Pinkest Kitten video on YouTube was very interesting.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I subscribed to your feed.

lilyk said...

I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/likwan/status/247476790564618240.

lilyk said...

I shared this giveaway on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/likwan/posts/205057166291466.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved