Image Map

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

5 Tips For Getting Your Car Ready For Winter *Giveaway*

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!
Winter is almost here and for most of us that means preparing by winterizing our homes and vehicles.  To help get all of ready Water Savers would like to share five tips to help you car deal with the cold of winter.

 1.       Wash and wax your car at a professional car wash – It may seem counterintuitive to get your car nice and shiny for what’s often the sloppiest season, but a thorough wash can remove harmful compounds that may cause damage when mixed with sand and road salt. Experts from the International Carwash Association also recommend a coat of wax for an extra layer of protection from the elements.

 ·         Professional car washes can also save up to 20 percent of the amount of water you’d use by washing your car at home. They do this by treating and reusing their water, rather than releasing toxic chemicals and grime into the storm drains, which can often occur with pavement washing. Check out Wash With Watersavers to see how professional car washes save water and help prevent pollution.
 
2.       Check fluids – Check your coolant to make sure you have enough, as you’ll be left without heat if you don’t. Consult your owner’s manual to find the correct blend if you need to add more. It’s never a bad idea to keep extra coolant in your trunk in case of an emergency. Don’t forget about extra wiper fluid, either. It’s not expensive, so stock up!
 
3.       Winter emergency kit – In addition to stocking your car with a scraper and brush, it’s a good idea to include a few provisions in case you get stranded in snowy and cold conditions. Pack extra blankets, hats and gloves, high-energy snacks like granola bars, drinking water and a first-aid kit. We have created an exclusive Winter Emergency Kit for you and one of your blog readers.
 
4.       Test your battery – The next time you have the car in for an oil change, ask the mechanic to test your battery to make sure it can provide enough starting power once the temperature plummets.
 
5.       Check your wipers – When sloppy weather hits, you’ll want to make sure you have strong wiper blades to see through the elements. Checking your wiper blades for wear and replacing them if needed can prevent huge visibility headaches once snow and sleet arrive.

 To help get one My Springfield Mommy ready Water Savers would like to give one reader a winter emergency pack that will contain:

·         32 oz. WaterSavers branded water bottle
·         Carabiner key chain
·         Medium flashlight
·         2 heavy duty AA batteries
·         19-piece first aid kit
·         Survival tool
·         Pocket knife
·         Emergency poncho
·         Emergency blanket
·         2 tea light candles
·         Safety matches
·         Survival instruction card
·         Mesh sack
 
Would you like to win?

Giveaway ends Sunday, November 25th at 8pm CST
 Winner chosen by Random.org
Winner must check back on Monday after the giveaway to see if they are the winner.
Winner responsible for emailing us shipping info

Want to win?
Share your own tip for getting your car ready for winter
Like WaterSavers on Facebook
Follow WaterSavers on Twiter
 *Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest 
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments

I am working with the International Carwash Association to share these tips for getting your car ready for winter. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.  
 
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

186 comments:

cw said...

I get studded snow tires on and get my oil changed....and make sure that I always have gas

Julie Lynn Bickham said...

I already got my oil changes and the hubby put brand new tires on my van for winter.

JulesMarsig81@hotmail.com

one frugal lady said...

It doesn't get very cold where we live, but we keep our oil changed and our fluid levels checked!
onecheaplady@yahoo.com

one frugal lady said...

e-mail subscriber!

kristin said...

Always have gas and extra blankets!!
lexijo213 at yahoo dot com

kristin said...

Like Water Savers on facebook
Kristin sawatzke
lexijo213 at yahoo dot

kristin said...

Like you on facebook
Kristin sawatzke
lexijo213 at yahoo dot

kristin said...

email subscriber
lexijo213 at yahoo dot com

okasanbear said...

I think it is really important to keep the headlights clean, inside and out, as well as the break lights! Warm clothing, flashlights, and a emergency kit. Food and water are also important.

okasanbear said...

Liked watersavers on FB

okasanbear said...

Like My Springfield Mommy on fB
(JOni Owada)

Maryann D. said...

I make sure my tires are properly inflated, always try to have a full tank of gas and keep supplies in the car.
twinkle at optonline dot net

scottsgal said...

we get a tune-up, oil change and tires checked

scottsgal said...

like watersavers on fb
cheryl s

scottsgal said...

like MSM on fb
cheryl s

scottsgal said...

subscribe to rss on reader

Carrie Phelps said...

For the first time ever I filled my Winter tires with nitrogen because they are suppose to stay better balanced and lose less "air". My tip would be to do this if you hate topping off your tires in the Winter.
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow WaterSavers on Facebook; Carrie Phelps
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow you on Facebook; Carrie Phelps
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow WaterSavers on Twitter; @CarrieDust
CarrieDust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow you on Twitter; @CarrieDust
CarrieDust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I follow you on Pinterest; Carrie Phelps
carriedust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I subscribe to your email; CarrieDust@yahoo.com

Carrie Phelps said...

I tweeted about this giveaway; @CarrieDust
CarrieDust@yahoo.com
https://twitter.com/CarrieDust/status/266318479982989312

Carrie Phelps said...

Facebook share; Carrie Grover Phelps
carriedust@yahoo.com
https://www.facebook.com/carriedust/posts/493997113967704

tarter95 said...

I check my coolant levels often.
tarter95 at hotmail dot com

tarter95 said...

Facebook Fan.
tarter95 at hotmail dot com

tarter95 said...

I am an email subscriber.
tarter95 at hotmail dot com

bison61 said...

change my oil and have a good battery

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

bison61 said...

e-mail subscriber

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Roseann K. said...

Facebook fan.

Roseann K. said...

email subscriber

Roseann K. said...

Pinterest follower

mrussell said...

Husband is my tips for getting car ready

mrussell said...

Subscribe

mrussell said...

Like MSM on FB

mrussell said...

Follow MSM on pinterest

Kristen said...

I got a tune up and new wipers.

AMY said...

Make sure I have tires with good traction. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

AMY said...

email subscriber cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

pack extra clothes in a bag- extra blanket- snack bars, an old phone charged just to call 911

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

subscriber

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

pinterest

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

facebook

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

twitter

Stacey said...

I keep a blanket and extra gloves in the trunk

henning.stacey@gmail.com

Stacey said...

I follow you on Twitter

henning.stacey@gmail.com

Stacey said...

I follow them on Twitter too
henning.stacey@gmail.com

cman said...

Blankets, first aid kit, gravel, maintenance.

cman said...

I'm an email subscriber.

eclairre said...

Have it checked out professionally. eclairre(at)ymail(dot)com

kmcgrew213 said...

followed on pinterest

kellyr78 said...

My tip is to put winter tires on, put new wiper blades on if needed and keep food & water on hand
kellywcuATyahooDOTcom

kellyr78 said...

| like you on FB(Kelly D Saver)
kellywcuATyahooDOTcom

kellyr78 said...

I follow you on pinterest(kellysaver)
kellywcuATyahooDOTcom

kellyr78 said...

I subscribe to your email under

kellywcuATyahooDOTcom

rj7777 said...

I check my antifreeze and get new wind shield wipers if I need them. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I like Watersavers on facebook. Rita Spratlen rjsjpratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I follow Water savers on twitter. rjs7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I like you on Facebook. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I follow you on Pinterest. rj7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

e-mail subscriber rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I tweeted about this giveaway at https://twitter.com/rjs7777/status/271026122509152256
rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I shared this giveaway at https://www.facebook.com/rita.spratlen/posts/495402843827761
rjspratlen@gmail.com

Aileen said...

I get snow tires put on all the cars, carry a flashlight, flares, change the windshield wipers. All my cars are 4 wheel drive since we get loads of snow. I always carry a charged cell phone too. arobimom at gmail dot com

Aileen said...

subcriber. arobimom at gmail dot com

Aileen said...

Like you as Aileen on FB. arobimom at gmail dot com

Aileen said...

like you on FB as Aileen. arobimom at gmail dot com

Aileen said...

Follow on Twitter @monkeygrl59. arobimom at gmail dot com

Aileen said...

https://twitter.com/monkeygrl59/status/271037516814118912. Tweeted. arobimom at gmail dot com

pmj said...

snow tires and winter washer fluid

pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

Like WaterSavers on Facebook
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

fb fan
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

pinterest follower
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

twitter follower
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

https://twitter.com/pj436/status/271066022541414400

daivabaum said...

Check the tires, change windshield fluid and keep half a tank full or more of gas

daivabaum said...

I follow you on pinterest

daivabaum said...

I subscribe to your RSS Feed.

goldangel69 said...

Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook

goldangel69 said...

Check the tires, change windshield fluid and keep half a tank full or more of gas

andrea v said...

New tires if needed

andrea v said...

Like u on Facebook

andrea v said...

Email subscriber

andrea v said...

Follow u on twitter
Vickers2622

Anonymous said...

I make sure the tires are ready for snow and ice and evaluate if they need replaced. I make sure that I always have plenty of wiper fluid and gas. I usually have a blanket in there.

Anonymous said...

I follow Watersavers on Twitter. I’m mlynnh8

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter. I’m mlynnh8

Anonymous said...

I’m subscribed to your emails

mlynnh5 at gmail dot com

Shawn said...

We always try to have a blanket and some warm clothes in the trunk when it starts getting cold.

shawn113(at)hotmail(dot)com

Shawn said...

I like you on FB.

shawn113(at)hotmail(dot)com

Shawn said...

I am an email subscriber.

shawn113(at)hotmail(dot)com

Shawn said...

I like WaterSavers on FB.

shawn113(at)hotmail(dot)com

Maryann D. said...

I Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook as Maryann Drapkin

Maryann D. said...

I Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter as @macdrap50

Maryann D. said...

I follow on Pinterest as dipsy38

Maryann D. said...

I Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed Google Reader as Maryann D.

Maryann D. said...

I Like WaterSavers on Facebook as Maryann Drapkin

Maryann D. said...

I Follow WaterSavers on Twitter as @macdrap50

Maryann D. said...

tweet
https://twitter.com/macdrap50/status/272463168800948224

Maryann D. said...

Facebook share
https://www.facebook.com/maryann.drapkin/posts/573489992677220

Anonymous said...

I give my car a tuneup. Thanks for the giveaway!

Anne D. said...

Make sure our tires are in good shape in terms of wear. I like to keep extra warm clothes in car (like coats) in case we get stuck on side of road.
annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

I like you on Facebook (i'm anne dall on fb). annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

I like Watersavers on Facebook (i'm anne dall on fb). annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

I follow you on Twitter (I'm wowtotweet). annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

I follow Watersavers on Twitter (I'm wowtotweet). annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

I subscribe to your rss feed. annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

Follow u on Pinterest (i'm anne dall on pinterest)
annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

https://twitter.com/wowtotweet/status/272553016933101569 tweet link
annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne D. said...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/anne.dall.9/posts/233044780160427 fb link
annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sherrie said...

We have snow tires put on our vehicles and always keep blankets, water, and granola bars in the trunk in case of an emergency.

Sherrie said...

Like Water Savers on Facebook as Sherrie Cruson

Sherrie said...

Follow WaterSavers on Twitter @Grannylove38

Sherrie said...

Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook as Sherrie Cruson

Sherrie said...

Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter @Grannylove38

Sherrie said...

Follow on Pinterest as Sherrie Cruson

Sherrie said...

Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed via email & Google Reader

callawishes(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sherrie said...

Shared this giveaway on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/sherrie.cruson/posts/250689798392917

Sherrie said...

tweet

https://twitter.com/Grannylove38/status/272607385112170497

Unknown said...

My tips are check anti-freeze,all fluids,tires,new windshield wipers,keep first aid in car.I always keep a blanket and water in my truck just in case.Also road service kit is important,like flares,jumper cables,etc.
Thank you for the great giveaway! :)

Unknown said...

I like Water Savers on FB
Sue Hull

Unknown said...

I follow Water Savers on Twitter
@tigers3450

Unknown said...

I like MSM on FB

Unknown said...

I follow MSM on Twitter

Unknown said...

I subscribe to MSM via email

Barbarawr said...

I make sure my tires have good tread in case it snows!

Barbarawr said...

I Like WaterSavers on Facebook - barbara wright

Barbarawr said...

I Follow WaterSavers on Twiter - bsw529

Barbarawr said...

I *Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook - barbra wright

Barbarawr said...

I *Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter - bsw529

Barbarawr said...

I follow you on pinterest - bsw529

Barbarawr said...

I subscribe with google reader

Barbarawr said...

I tweeted https://twitter.com/bsw529/status/272781389299081218

Barbarawr said...

I shared on facebook http://www.facebook.com/barbarawr/posts/441765809223648

Pam said...

I check my battery and fluids by the end of fall. I carry an emergency kit with me, along with a bag of kitty litter in case I get stuck in the snow.

p_halligan@yahoo.com

Pam said...

I follow WaterSavers on Facebook (Pamela Halligan).

p_halligan@yahoo.com

Pam said...

I follow My Springfield Mommy on Facebook (Pamela Halligan).

p_halligan@yahoo.com

Pam said...

I follow WaterSavers on Twitter (@H3artonF1r3).

p_halligan@yahoo.com

Pam said...

I subscribe to email.

p_halligan@yahoo.com

debra pauley said...

Always have gas and extra blankets!!
debra.pauley63gmail.com

Jodi said...

I always make sure to have at least a half tank of gas, plus I keep scrapers, a blanket, and first aid kit in the car.

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Jodi said...

I like Watersavers on facebook.

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Jodi said...

I like MSM On facebook.

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Jodi said...

I follow MSM on twitter.

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

We make sure that our tires are in good shape and inflated properly, that we have a fully-charged cell phone with us and blankets.
reducefootprints at gmail dot com

Jodi said...

I subscribe.

jodidawson at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I like WaterSavers on Facebook (I'm Sml Footprints)
reducefootprints at gmail dot com

Mandy said...

Snow tires!
cluelessme8@Hotmail.com

Mandy said...

I like you on FB
cluelessme8@hotmail.com

Mandy said...

I follow you on twitter
cluelessme8@hotmail.com

Mandy said...

I follow you on pinterest
cluelessme8@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow WaterSavers on Twiter (I'm @smallftprints)
reducefootprints at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook (I'm Sml Footprints)
reducefootprints at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter (I'm @smallftprints)
reducefootprints at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Pinterest (I'm Sml Footprints)
reducefootprints at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed via email (reducefootprints at gmail dot com)

Maryann D. said...

Bonus entry
091907

lilyk said...

My tip for getting your car ready for winter is make sure your tires are properly inflated.

lilyk said...

I follow WaterSavers on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow WaterSavers on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I subscribed to your feed.

lilyk said...

I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/likwan/status/272868102587432960.

lilyk said...

I shared this giveaway on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/likwan/posts/395668560508407.

Regina D said...

i always keep extra jacket and blankets in the car

Regina D said...


Like WaterSavers on Facebook

Regina D said...

Follow WaterSavers on Twiter

Regina D said...

*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook

Regina D said...

*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter

Regina D said...

*Follow me on Pinterest

Regina D said...

*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed

lmurley2000 said...

i put a candle and a blanket in my trunk

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

like WS on facebook-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

like WS on twitter-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

like MSM on facebook-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

follow MSM on twitter-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

follow MSM on pin it-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

email subscriber

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

tweeted

https://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/272888356155846656

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I refill the first aid kit and confirm that our insurance card is current.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I like Watersavers on FB as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I like you on FB as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Pinterest as Anne Loyd.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Twitter as Anneliz702.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe to blog emails.

Anneliz702@hotmail.com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved