Image Map

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Madeleine Peyroux The Blue Room CD Review & Giveaway

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

If you love the classic jazzy voices from singers such as Billie Holliday you have to check out the new CD from Madeleine Peyroux titled The Blue Room which was released last week from Decca Records.  I had not heard of Madeleine Peyroux before receiving this CD but her voice is so smooth and sophisticated you would think you were listening to music from a much earlier time. 

Here is the description of this recording and its inspiration:

THE BLUE ROOM features Madeleine reinterpreting songs from Ray Charles seminal album MODERN SOUNDS IN COUNTRY & WESTERN MUSIC, as well as others from legendary artists such as Randy Newman and Leonard Cohen, whose legacies are herein enveloped into a similar melting pot of the variety of American popular song.

Released in the summer of 1962, MODERN SOUNDS was a daring album for Charles as it broke the mold of what was expected from him, and in turn, truly represented artistic freedom something that clearly inspires Peyrouxs album THE BLUE ROOM.

Conceived and produced by the legendary GRAMMY-Award winner Larry Klein (Joni Mitchell, Tracy Chapman, Herbie Hancock), he says, Rays cultural landmark of an album has always been a part of me. I have loved this album ever since I can remember and I knew that Madeleine would be the perfect voice to bring it to the forefront again.

Reexamining this album is an ideal project for the multi-talented Madeleine Peyroux, because she comes from that same rare place as Ray Charles the junction of jazz, country and blues. The Brooklyn and Paris-bred artist, with a New Orleans pedigree, Peyroux's soulfully piercing voice and eclectic musical mix makes for magnificent story-telling. And that is exactly what each of the songs on THE BLUE ROOM does tell a story but from her own perspective. Infusing her own vision and reinterpretation of the songs with modern sensibility, Peyroux brings elements of jazz, country and blues into each song, while evoking a depth of emotion and sound of such legends as Billie Holiday, Patsy Cline, Edith Piaf, and Bob Dylan.

Featuring sparse arrangements, each of the 11 tracks on the album sets a tone and mood that respects where the originals came from, but offers a modern reinterpretation of each song. Truly an inspired record, THE BLUE ROOM features five other tracks that Madeleine felt could accompany Charles seminal album.




This album is a cover album with some obscure songs, but there were a few that sounded familiar to me including You Don't Know Me and Bye Bye Love.  Even the songs I was not familiar definitely had me listening to over and over again.  Lately I have been going through a phase that the music I am listening to is slower and easy and this CD delivers that perfectly.  Her voice is really pure and soothing and really enjoyable to listen to.

You can pick up this recording on Amazon. The CD is priced at $11.88 and the MP3 Album is $9.49.

Would you like to win your Madeleine Peyroux's The Blue Room on CD?

Giveaway ends Sunday, March 31th at 8pm CST
 Winner chosen by Random.org
Winner must check back on Monday after the giveaway to see if they are the winner.
Winner responsible for emailing us shipping info

Want to win?
*Like Madeleine Peyroux on Facebook
*Follow Madeleine Peyroux on Twitter
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments (daily)
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments (daily)

Thanks to Sneak Attack Media for my sample for review and the giveaway winner's prize. Opinions are honest.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

51 comments:

mrs.mommyy said...

facebook

mrs.mommyy said...

pinterest

mrs.mommyy said...

subscriber

Roseann K. said...

Facebook fan.

Roseann K. said...

email subscriber

Roseann K. said...

Pinterest follower.

mrussell said...

Pinterest

mrussell said...

Subscribe

mrussell said...

Like MSM on fb

mrussell said...

Follow MSM on twitter

mrussell said...

Like on fb

Unknown said...

I like Madeleine Payroux on FB
Sue Hull
I like her voice.Thank you for the awesome giveaway! :)

Unknown said...

I follow Madeleine Payroux on Twitter
@tigers3450

Unknown said...

I like MSM on FB
Sue Hull

Unknown said...

I follow MSM on Twitter
@tigers3450

Unknown said...

I follow MSM on Pinterest
suelvsbucks

Unknown said...

I subscribe to MSM via email

Unknown said...

Tweet
https://twitter.com/tigers3450/status/313812607213637632

Unknown said...

FB Share
https://www.facebook.com/#!/sue.hull.52/posts/437684002983299

Anja M. said...

I like Madeleine Peyroux on Facebook. (Anja M. Anjathisandthat)

anjathisandthat at yahoo dot com

Anja M. said...

I follow Madeleine Peyroux on Twitter. (@anjathisandthat)

Anja M. said...

I like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook. (Anja M. Anjathisandthat)

Anja M. said...

I follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter. (@anjathisandthat)

Anja M. said...

I follow My Springfield Mommy on Pinterest. (Anja M. Anjathisandthat)

Anja M. said...

I am an email subscriber.

Anja M. said...

I shared on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/anjathisandthat/status/314795894581116928

Anja M. said...

I shared on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Hasbrogamenight#!/anjathisandthat/posts/423878917705436

Unknown said...

I like you on facebook

Unknown said...

I follow on twitter

Unknown said...

I follow on Pinterest

Unknown said...

I am an email subscriber

Unknown said...

I tweeted https://twitter.com/JessamineDungo/status/315947808920334336

Unknown said...

I tweeted today 3/25 https://twitter.com/JessamineDungo/status/316368806085808128

Nancy said...

I like her on FB.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

I like you on FB.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

I follow you via Pinterest.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

I am an email subscriber.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

kathy dalton said...

i *Like Madeleine Peyroux on Facebook as kathy cavanagh dalton

kathy dalton said...

i *Follow Madeleine Peyroux on Twitter as @lilmonkey1959

kathy dalton said...

i *Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook kathy cavanagh dalton

kathy dalton said...

I follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter @lilmonkey1959

kathy dalton said...

tweeted https://twitter.com/lilmonkey1959/status/318382867505893377

kathy dalton said...

shared on facebook https://www.facebook.com/kathy.c.dalton/posts/293302464136820

kathy dalton said...

http://www.paradisehunter.com/My-Page/default.aspx

paradise hunter url

cman said...

I'm an email subscriber.

lilyk said...

I follow Madeleine Peyroux on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow Madeleine Peyroux on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/likwan/status/318507840962699266.

lilyk said...

I shared this giveaway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/likwan/posts/589292071088689.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved