Of all of the events surrounding the Disney Social Media Moms conference the one that we were most looking forward to in regards to our daughter was the Coronation of Merida from "Brave" as an official Disney Princess. We did not tell our daughter about the event until the night before but when we did and explain what she might get to experience she was very excited. The reality is that the events far exceeded our expectations and it is not an understatement to say that it was a "magical" time.
"Brave" is a favorite movie of my daughter. I appreciate that Merida while being a Princess is also a bright, independent and feisty young girl who is a bit of a tomboy. She illustrates that a Princess can be made up of many different traits. Proven in this clip released by Disney with an I Am A Princess theme.
The event was historic for a few reasons, one being that a Coronation has never occurred at the Magic Kingdom. Our group arrived about 15 minutes before the park opened and were immediately escorted in. As you can see in the picture at the top my daughter was dressed for the occasion. Because of her outfit we were unbelievably lucky to be put in the front row at the rope line.
Here was our amazing view for the ceremony. The beginning of the event began with Sophia Grace and Rosie from the Ellen DeGeneres show signing a song. Then the emcees of the event was introduced and it was Olympic Gold Medalist Gymnast Gabby Douglas along with her mother.
Then all of the 10 current Disney Princesses were introduced one by one. Next Merida was brought in on her horse Angus along with a group of drummers and bagpipers. She was officially crowned by her mother, Queen Elinor, an event that was even more significant since it was Mother's Day weekend. After accepting the crowd Merida stepped forward and said "I am strong, I am brave, I am Merida and I am a Princess!" Fireworks went off over Cinderella castle and the audience roared.
Right after her Coronation was when the picture above was taken showing all 11 Disney Princesses together. This event is very significant because it is very rare to have all of the princesses together at one time. Our daughter did not know who to look at first because she loves all of them. This event is one that I am positive our daughter as well as her mother and I will not ever forget.
Personal photos used in this review belong to My Springfield Mommy and may not be used without written permission by My Springfield Mommy.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

1 comment:
Post a Comment