Image Map

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Listen to the Birds An Introduction to Classical Music Review

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!


**I received this sample in the hopes that I would share my honest opinion of this product, no compensation was received. Review by Brooke.**

ListenTo The Birds An Introduction to Classical Music is a great way to introduce children to classical music. The 64-page picture book is filled with information about each composer and illustrations that did a great job of capturing the song.  I really loved that the book is accompanied by a CD of 20 excerpts of different recordings including The Goldfinch, Hens and Roosters, and The Dance of the Swans to The Cuckoo and the Nightingale, Piano Concerto N, and Dance of the Firebird. The book is recommended for ages 4 and up. 

When reviewing this product I did feel it was a little advanced for age 4. Some of the words are very large and I think it could be difficult to keep the child’s attention at this age. I do think this book would be more appropriate for ages 6 and up. I really like that this book has a glossary in the back that introduces the musical terms. I also enjoyed reading about each composer. I think this would be a great addition to add to a music curriculum and would be great addition to anyone’s home! 

You can find more about this on The Secret Mountain website

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved