Image Map

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Is The LeapPad Ultra On Your Child's Holiday List?

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!


“I was provided a sample of the LeapPad Ultra through a review program. The opinions expressed are my own.”  

Our daughter has been looking though all the holiday toy guides and circling her "Wish List" and no matter which catalog we look at  the new LeapPad Ultra tablet is circled.....along with everything from Frozen and Skylanders.

I will be the first to say that I made the assumption that if we already had the original LeapPad that we would not benefit from the new LeapPad Ultra and boy was I wrong.  Here is a little bit about what makes the new LeapPad Ultra stand out from not only the first LeapPad but also the other kid friendly tablets out there.

LeapPad Ultra Features:
• 8G of memory
• Unique 7-inch high resolution screen that works with a stylus and touch
• Front and back cameras and video recorders
• Onboard MP3 player
• USB rechargeable lithium ion battery for up to 9 hours of play
• 11 included apps for an added $80 value
• Weight: 1.4 lbs
• Compatibility with LeapFrog’s learning library of 800+ games, apps, eBooks, videos, music and more!


 Here is what I shared in a recent Amazon review:

As a Mom who takes education seriously I can not say enough kind words about any of the Leap Frog products, and the new LeapPad Ultra is no exception. Our daughter will be six next month and has spent countless hours on the original LeapPad and I apologize in advance for feeling the need to I compare the two. If you have used the first LeapPad then you will instantly be impressed with the larger screen, rechargeable battery and also the wifi option.

I did wonder if she would notice a difference in the size and weight and it has not seemed to phase her. Plus with the wifi option, you do not have to worry about your kids going over on any data package you may have. Setting up the Ultra for the first time is very quick and easy. In just a few steps my husband was able to get our daughter set up and ready to play. While you can purchase extra games, it is nice to have the apps already loaded so you don't have to travel with as much or worry about losing games.


Our daughter first noticed that how many more apps come with the new tablet and that the camera (her personal favorite feature) is both front and back facing. She is also spending a lot of time playing in the Art Studio and is excited that she can save her projects and come back to them when she has more time.

While it is durable for kids, I still suggest grabbing a gel skin, and the carrying case because you just never know what can happen. We spend a lot of time in the car and while the batteries do last for up to nine hours I plan to grab the car adapter because lets face it, Mom's don't always remember to keep things charged.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved