Image Map

Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Single Breath by Lucy Clarke

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

**I received this sample in the hopes that i would share my honest opinion of this product, no compensation was received. Review by Michelle**

What would you do if the man you married was not the man you thought he was? I'm not sure what I would do. I guess it depends on my situation at the time and why he chose to lie to me. Not everyone's life is wine and roses. In A Single Breath it is everything but.

Here is a short synopsis: A young widow, desperate for comfort and connection after her husband’s tragic death, travels to Tasmania to meet his estranged family—only to discover that the man she married was not at all who he claimed to be.

Eva Bowe has only been married for eight months when her husband, Jackson, is swept to his death while fishing on a cold December morning. Weighed down by confusion and sorrow, Eva decides to take leave of her midwifery practice in London and visit Jackson’s family in Tasmania with the hope of grieving together.

Instead, she discovers that the man she loved so deeply is not the man she thought she knew. Jackson’s father and brother reveal a dark past, exposing the lies her marriage was built upon. As Eva struggles to come to terms with the depth of Jackson’s deception, she realizes everything that she believed to be true about her husband’s life in the years before their meeting—is borrowed entirely from someone else’s life. Eva must also confront her growing attraction to Jackson’s brother, Saul, whose life bears an eerie resemblance to Jackson’s invented one. The attraction is mutual as Saul offers her intimacy and passion, while answering Eva’s most troubling questions. Unsure whether she will be able to move forward in life, or be forever haunted by her husband’s past, Eva realizes her greatest dilemma: which brother has she really fallen in love with?

Threading together beautiful, wild settings and suspenseful twists, while contrasting the heartbreak of death against the rugged splendor of Tasmania, A SINGLE BREATH is a gripping tale of secrets, betrayal, and new beginnings.

I love a good story with twists and turns. I like not knowing which way it's gonna go. I love the secrets and everyone has secrets. Some may be bigger than others. If I told you mine then it wouldn't be a secret any longer. This is a great book. Fun, thrilling read. Quick read for me. I think I liked the suspense in this one. The thrill of the unknown.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved