**I received this sample in the hopes that I would share my honest opinion of this product,no compensation was received. Review by Michelle**
Are you trying to juggle being a mother and manage a career too? Are you thinking about how your going to make it through the Summer? I personally gave up my career a long time ago. When I had 4 kids under he age of 6 it just didn't pay me to work. I do realize though that not all moms have that option. I have always felt that stay at home moms want to work and moms that work want to stay home.
In Teresa Taylor's The Balance Myth-rethinking work-life success she's going to show us how to have both and be successful at both.
Teresa Taylor,former Fortune 200 COO, speaker, author, active Board member, wife and mom, will tell you that ‘balance’ does not exist, so don’t plan on that myth to survive this summer. She can however provide your working moms (and dads) with some advice for surviving summer with kids AND work at home.
- Lists - Lists help you kill the erroneous idea of multitasking. Instead of spreading yourself too thin by working on multiple things at once, focus on the big picture and break the day into small pieces. Keep your list short and manageable.
- Assign time limits to your list - a list is only effective if the items on it can be realistically completed. Assign a time limit to each item on the list and follow it. Create a hard stop and move on. Be aware of your time and manage it
- Windows of time - create a time when you are working and then a time when you are not. do not blend them but keep them defined. when you are working, block the home life out. When you are with the family focus on them and do not let work interfere for a period of time. Manage your blocks of time without multitasking.
- One calendar - do not have a separate calendar for work and one for home but rather integrate them to create one view. You then can see the whole picture and make conscious decisions. Once you make a decision to be a part of something do not renegotiate with yourself or feel guilty about the choice you made.
I loved that Taylor feels that you can't take the mother out of the career woman. I believe that with all my heart. Being a mother is the single most important job to me. I love being a mom. I also loved being a nurse. Taylor is gonna show us how to do both. Could I manage going back to work after all these years?
This book really hit home for me. This book made me feel like a wasn't a failure as a mother. Sometimes I do feel as a failure. Would I have been a better mother if I would have had a career? Even though I don't work this book let me know there is not one answer or solution to the problems of "balance" that will make you feel like a good mother, wife and friend. We need to learn to think in layers.
This book would make a great gift for any new mom just going back to work, or a career woman struggling on starting a family and making it all work.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:
Post a Comment