Image Map

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day WIth Mom *Giveaway*

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

**I received this sample in the hopes that I would share my honest opinion of this product, no compensation was received. Review by Michelle**

How do plan on spending May 15, 2014? It is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day you know! I plan on spending mine in the kitchen whipping up some chocolate chip cookies for my children's classrooms.

Did you know that chocolate chop cookies are America's favorite cookie to bake and share? I believe it. They sure are my favorite to eat and receive. My kids just love it when I make home made cookies and Nielsen-Massey makes it even better. Anything you bake with a Nielsen-Massey product is phenomenal. How could it not be with pure ingredients?

Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc has been producing premium vanilla products for over 100 years now and has earned positive reputation as the producer of fine vanillas worldwide. All Nielsen-Massey products are Allergen-Free and certified Kosher and Gluten-Free and GMO Free.

The line of Nielsen-Massey's Pure Vanilla products include: Vanilla Beans and Extracts from Madagascar, Tahiti and Mexico; sugar and alcohol-free Madagascar Bourbon Pure vanilla Powder;Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste;Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar and Certified Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract and Beans. Nielsen-Massey Vanillas also has a line of Pure Flavors: Pure Chocolate Extract, Pure Almond Extract, Pure Lemon Extract, Pure Coffee Extract, Pure Peppermint Extract, Orange Blossom Water and Rose Water.

I have used the Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract which is wonderful and so versatile.

Here is the description of the Pure Vanilla Extract:
Taking premium, hand-selected beans cultivated on the Bourbon Island of Madagascar, we use our proprietary cold extraction process to gently draw out and preserve the vanilla's over 300 flavor compounds. The result is a sweet, creamy, mellow flavor with velvety after-tones, perfect for cooking and baking both sweet and savory dishes. An exceptional "all-purpose" vanilla.



 Here is Nielsen-Massey's Madagascar bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 ½ c. butter, softened
1 ¼ c. white sugar
1 ¼ c. brown sugar
1 T. Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 eggs
4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 ¾ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1-12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips. (2 c.)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, soda, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop with a #40 scoop (looks like a metal mini ice cream scoop) or a rounded measuring tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased insulated baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly: remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen crackly, chewy-crispy bakery-style cookies. They are wonderful!

For a twist on the classic favorite, here are a few ways to make this recipe unique to you:
Switch the chips: Instead of using 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips, try using white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or a combination of all three. Using coarsely chopped baking chocolate instead of chips will add a gourmet feel to the recipe.

Make it nutty: Try adding 1 cup of coarsely chopped nuts to the batter. Pecans or walnuts are a classic addition, while macadamia nuts or pistachios add a bit of a nontraditional flair.

Salt the tops: Baked goods aren’t just about the sugar; salt amplifies the flavors in even the sweetest recipes. Sprinkle the tops of your cookies with coarse sea salt just before baking to bring out the flavors of the brown sugar and chocolate in this recipe. Try using a smoked sea salt for an extra-special touch.

Build a sandwich: Pair this recipe with your favorite ice cream flavor for the perfect ice cream sandwich, or spread them with butter cream frosting for a cookie sandwich treat. Use a peanut butter frosting for that classic chocolate and peanut butter combination that everyone loves.

Hope you have as much fun as me this May 15, 2014 and Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day to You! Please visit their website for more fabulous recipes visit Nielsen Massey.

Would you like to win a bottle of Nielsen Massey vanilla?

Would you like to win?
Giveaway will end at 8pm on Sunday,May 11th
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
U.S. or Canada entries only
Want to win? 
*Tell me what cookie is your favorite
Like Nielsen Massey on Facebook
Follow Nielsen Massey on Twitter
*Send me a Friend request on Facebook
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.
 
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

155 comments:

Linda Kish said...

Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Linda Kish said...

I subscribe to your daily feed.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Roseann K. said...

Facebook fan

Roseann K. said...

email subscriber

Roseann K. said...

Pinterest follower

Susan Christy said...

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip is my favorite.

Susan Christy said...

Like Nielsen Massey on Facebook

Susan Christy said...

Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook

Susan Christy said...

Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter

Susan Christy said...

Follow you on Pinterest

Susan Christy said...

Follow you on Instagram

Unknown said...

My favorite cookie would have to be White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie. :)

Unknown said...

I like Nielsen Massey on facebook.

Unknown said...

We're already friends on facebook.

Unknown said...

Twitter follower.

Unknown said...

Pinterest follower.

Unknown said...

Confirmed email subscriber.

rj7777 said...

I love macadamian nut and vanilla. I love them all!!
rjspratlen@gmail.com Rita Spratlen

rj7777 said...

I like them on facebook. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I am following them on twitter. rjs7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I am following them on twitter. rjs7777 Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

rj7777 said...

I am your friend on facebook. Rita Spratlen

rj7777 said...

I like you on facebook. Rita Spratlen

rj7777 said...

I follow you on twitter. rjs7777

rj7777 said...

I follow you on Pinterest-http://www.pinterest.com/rj7777/

rj7777 said...

I am subscribed to your e-mail.

rj7777 said...

I tweeted about this giveaway at https://twitter.com/rjs7777/status/463769512802664449

rj7777 said...

I shared this giveaway at https://www.facebook.com/rita.spratlen/posts/673949365985908?stream_ref=1

Rachel said...

My favorite cookie is a Snicker-doodle.

Diana said...

I love pumpkin cookies

Diana said...

I like you on fb

Diana said...

I follow you on pinterest

mysweetiepiepie said...

My favorite cookies are Vanilla Sugar Cookies.

Emily said...

Chocolate.

Sue Hull said...

My favorite cookie is chocolate chip.I could eat them everyday but of course I don't.Lol!Thank you for the cool giveaway :)

Sue Hull said...

I like Nielsen Massey on FB
Sue Hull

Sue Hull said...

I follow Nielsen Massey on Twitter
@tigers3450

Sue Hull said...

FB Friend
Sue Hull

Sue Hull said...

FB Follower
Sue Hull

Sue Hull said...

Twitter follower
@tigers3450

Sue Hull said...

Pinterest follower
suelvsbucks

Sue Hull said...

Email subscriber

Sue Hull said...

Tweet
https://twitter.com/tigers3450/status/464990428358402048

Sky Evans said...

I like chocolate chip cookies. skevens7@gmail dot com

Sky Evans said...

I like them on facebook

Sky Evans said...

I like you on facebook

Sky Evans said...

I follow you on pinterest (skyevans7)

Sky Evans said...

I follow you on Twitter

Sky Evans said...

https://twitter.com/SkyShyskyk/status/465256219121180672

annies home said...

like sugar cookies
shopannies@yahoo.com

BethElderton said...

My favorite cookie is cinnamon raisin oatmeal.
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

I like Nielsen Massey on FB as Mary Beth Elderton
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

I follow Nielsen Massey on twitter as @mbm218
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

I like you on FB as Mary Beth Elderton
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

I'm FB Friend, Mary Beth Elderton
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

I follow you on twitter as @mbm218
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

I like you on Pinterest as Mary Beth Elderton
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

I m an email subscriber
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

Tweet:
https://twitter.com/mbm218/status/465468282548391936
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

BethElderton said...

FB share:
https://www.facebook.com/marybeth.elderton/posts/701439519918519
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

favorite cookie .. MUST BE
Chocolate Chip ... soft in the middle (gotta love the ooey gooey chocolate)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I've liked Nielsen Massey on Facebook (kathie roletter meller)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I'm following Nielson Massey on twitter (kat1126)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I sent a friends request to you (Kathie Roletter Meller)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I follow you on Twitter (kat1126)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I follow you on Pinterest (Kathie Meller)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook (Kathie Roletter Meller)

Unknown said...

Chocolate Chip is my favorite!

Unknown said...

Liked Nielsen Massey on Facebook - cass sudduth

Unknown said...

Sent Friend request on Facebook - Cass Sudduth

Unknown said...

Liked My Springfield Mommy on Facebook - Cass Sudduth

Unknown said...

Followed on Pinterest - csudduth1969

Unknown said...

Followed on Pinterest - csudduth1969

Unknown said...

Subscribed to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed - cassandrasudduth@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Tweeted about giveaway - https://twitter.com/Csudduth1/status/465490047253643264

Unknown said...

Shared on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/cassie.sudduth.1/posts/1429884770603742

Unknown said...

My favorite cookie is White Chocolate Macadamia nut. Absolutely the best cookie on this planet.

Unknown said...

I like Nielsen massey on Facebook

Unknown said...

I am friends with you on Facebook

Unknown said...

I like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook

Unknown said...

I follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter at squishy930

Unknown said...

I follow Nielsen Massey on Twitter at squishy930

Unknown said...

I follow you on Pinterest at squishy930

Unknown said...

I subscribe to your daily feed via email
leeleeboggs at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I follow My Springfield mommy on instagram at squishy930

Unknown said...

I tweeted about the giveaway
https://twitter.com/squishy930/status/465502967844438017

Andrea Amy said...

My favourite cookie is oatmeal raisin

andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

I Like Nielsen-Massey Vanillas on FB
Andrea Amy
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

I sent you a f/r on FB
Andrea Amy
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

I like My Springfield Mommy on FB
Andrea Amy
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

I follow you on twitter
@mommy2fiveboys
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

I follow on pinterest
pinterest.com/andreaamy
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

subscribed by email to your daily feed
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

following on instagram
andrea_hockeygirl
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

following @NielsenMassey on twitter
@mommy2fiveboys
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

Andrea Amy said...

https://twitter.com/mommy2fiveboys/status/465517122467422208
tweeted
andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail com

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

fave cookie is oatmeal cookie and I love Lime Meltaways

hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Julie said...

like Nielsen Massey on FB
julie hebb

hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Julie said...

friends on FB
julie hebb
hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Julie said...

Like Spring Field mommy on FB
julie hebb

hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Julie said...

follow you on twitter
@hbgarden

hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Julie said...

follow you on pinterest

http://www.pinterest.com/jules1968/

hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Julie said...

email subscriber

hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Julie said...

tweeted

https://twitter.com/hbgarden/status/465569061695275009


hebb dot julie at gmail dot com

Anne D. said...

https://twitter.com/wowtotweet/status/465641950150791169 tweet link
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

https://www.facebook.com/anne.dall.9/posts/10202518165290445 link to my post on fb
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

wen budro said...

My fave cookie is the classic chocolate chip cookie.

wen budro said...

I follow MSM on FB as wen budro

wen budro said...

I follow MSM on twitter @wendybudrow

wen budro said...

I am an email subscriber via wendyalaska333@aol.com

wen budro said...

I Like Nielsen Massey on Facebook

wen budro said...

I follow Nielsen Massey on twitter @wendybudrow

wen budro said...

I follow on pinterest as wlburro

Anne D. said...

My favorite cookie is white chocolate macadamia nut cookies:)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

Like Nielsen Massey on fb (anne dall)annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

Follow Nielsen Massey on Twitter (@wowtotweet)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

Friends with you on fb (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

Like u on fb (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

Twitter follower of you (@wowtotweet)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

Pinterest follower (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Anne D. said...

Subscriber to your daily feed
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com

Kristie said...

I love sugar cookies with buttercream frosting please. Thank you!

Kristie said...

Like Nielsen Massey on Facebook. Kristie Morrison Donelson. Thank you.

Kristie said...

Your friend on Facebook. Kristie Morrison Donelson. Thank you.

Kristie said...

Like MSM on Facebook. Kristie Morrison Donelson. Thank you.

Kristie said...

Follow Nielsen Massey on Twitter. @kdonelson. Thank you.

Kristie said...

Follow MSM on Twitter. @kdonelson. Thank you.

Kristie said...

Follow you on Pinterest. Kristie Donelson. Thank you.

Kristie said...

Get MSM emails and May Yahoo! RSS. Kristie Donelson. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kristie said...

Tweeted: https://twitter.com/kdonelson/status/465647546732670976

Thank you.

Kristie said...

Shared on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/kristiemorrison.donelson/posts/10154107424265497

Thank you.

lilyk said...

I love oatmeal raisin cookies!

lilyk said...

I follow Nielsen Massey on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I became your Facebook friend under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Twitter under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Pinterest under the username likwan.

lilyk said...

I subscribed to your feed.

lilyk said...

I follow you on Instagram under the username ms_lilyk.

lilyk said...

I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/likwan/status/465654640210485248.

lilyk said...

I follow Nielsen Massey on Twitter under the username likwan.

cman said...

Soft sugar cookies.

cman said...

I'm an email subscriber.

eclairre said...

My favorite cookie is a Snicker-doodle.
eclairre at ymail dot com

Helga said...

shared https://www.facebook.com/billsn.beaks/posts/639825132753675

Helga said...

liked nielsen massey on fb as billsn beaks

Helga said...

follow nielsen massey on twitter @jumpinupanddown

Helga said...

sent you friend request on fb as billsn beaks

Helga said...

liked springfield mommy as billen beaks on fb

Helga said...

susbriber hmromoser@yahoo.com

Helga said...

follow you on pinterest as billsn beaks

Helga said...

yweeted https://twitter.com/jumpinupanddown/status/465905005640179713

Helga said...

my favorite cookie is chocolate chip.

auntietina said...

My favorite is Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.
auntietina21 AT hotmail.com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved