**I received this sample in the hopes that I would share my honest opinion of this product, no compensation was received. Review by Michelle**
Mother always knows best! Of course we know that now but did we even remotely think it was possible growing up? Of course not. My mother knew nothing when I was growing up, I knew all the answers back then. This leads me to this delightful book of a memoir sort of, and a mother daughter love story. Listen to the Squawking Chicken by Elaine Lui. Elaine Lui is a television personality (she’s on two Canadian entertainment shows, “The Social” and “ETalk”), reporter, and the gossip maven behind LaineyGossip, one of the most successful gossip sites in the world with nearly 1.5 million unique visitors per month, 800,000 of those in the US alone.
I absolutely loved this book. It had me laughing, crying and shocked all at the same time. It has captured the complexity of a mother -daughter relationship. We all know mother daughter relationships can be challenging, difficult and yet rewarding. Our mother is never our best friend until we are older and wiser. I will warn yu there may be things you don't like or at times feel as though her mother was cruel. I thought though on a couple of instances but over all I enjoyed the book. Mother daughter relationships are never easy. Mine is far from a fairytale.
Here is a synopsis of the book: As the 800,000+ U.S. fans of Elaine Lui’s site know, her mother, aka The Squawking Chicken, is a huge factor in Elaine’s life. She pulls no punches, especially with her only child. “Where’s my money?” she asks every time she sees Elaine. “You’ll never be Miss Hong Kong,” she informed her daughter when she was a girl. Listen to the Squawking Chicken lays bare the playbook of unusual advice, warnings, and unwavering love that has guided Elaine throughout her life. Using the nine principles that her mother used to raise her, Elaine tells us the story of the Squawking Chicken’s life—in which she walked an unusual path to parent with tough love, humor, and, through it all, a mother’s unyielding devotion to her daughter. This is a love letter to mothers everywhere.
I am not one to give advice on mother daughter relationships. My own relationship with my mother has always needed work. I passed this down to my mother for mother's day (along with flowers). I hope my mother gets out of it what I did. Over all it made me laugh. Moms are not perfect and they usually always want what is best for all of us.
Would you like to win a copy of Listen to the Squawking Chicken?
Giveaway ends at 8pm, on Sunday, June 8th.
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
Want to win?
Visit Lainey Gossip, share a little bit of gossip with me?
Follow Lainey Gossip on TwitterTell me what you hope to get out of this book?
*Send me a Friend request on Facebook
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


30 comments:
Facebook fan.
RSS feed subscriber
RSS feed subscriber
Pinterest follower
This book looks like a fun read.Thank you for the cool giveaway :)
FB Friend
Sue Hull
FB Fan
Sue Hull
Twitter follower
@tigers3450
Pinterest follower
suelvsbucks
Email subscriber
follow lainey gossip on twitter @jumpinupanddown
like you on fb billsn beaks
follow on twitter @jumpinupanddown
I subscribe to your feeds
follow on pinterest billsn beaks
friends on fb as billsn beaks
I hope to learn about relationships in this book.
https://www.facebook.com/billsn.beaks/posts/644438525625669
https://twitter.com/jumpinupanddown/status/469484199263481856
Uma and quentien are together-gossip.
pjames330 at aol dot com
Twitter follower
pjames330 at aol dot com
Fb fan
pjames330 at aol dot com
Pinterest follower
pjames330 at aol dot com
I like to read how other mother daughters work. That's what I hope to get out of this book.
Gossip..there was a tie at the National Spelling Bee!
I hope to get a good laugh out of this book and wonder how I might relate to it with my own daughter.
I like MSM on facebook. (K. Lundine)
I follow MSM on twitter. @klundine
email subscriber
follow @Laineygossip on twitter. @klundine
Post a Comment