Image Map

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Aveeno Has You Covered This Summer!

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!
Thank you to Aveeno for my samples used in this review. Opinions are honest.

Trends come and go but healthy skin is always in!  Which is why the one summer accessory in my bag is sunscreen. 

My family is very pale in fact my Mother is always telling me to get out and get some sun but I refuse.  The effects of the sun worry me, especially when it comes to our daughter.  I know that while she wants to fight me on it now one day she will thank me.


Aveeno has teamed up with Dermatologist Dr. Jeanine Downie's to bring us some need to know sun tips:

  1. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen with an APF of 30 or higher
  2. Sunscreen protects against harmful UVA/UVB rays, prevents and slows down the aging process.
  3. Make sure to use 1oz. of sunscreen on all exposed skin.  Pay careful attention to face, neck, ears, back of neck and hands.
  4. Spread the word and let people know you're using sunscreen!  The most important thing a person can do to maintain a healthy complexion is to always use sun protection.

I love tip #4 the most, we all have to spread the word and with this weekend being the 4th of July we will be outside more than usual.  This is why I have picked today to remind everyone not to forget to throw some sunscreen in your bag before going out. 

I know that our area is experiencing some amazing weather, in fact I have my widows opened which never happens in July,  but even with lower temps you must be mindful of the UV index.  For example today is only 78 but according to my phone (using the local weather app) the UV-Index is 10 which is very high meaning you could risk a burn in less than 30 minutes.  I share this because you can not judge the sun solely on temperate which may of us do. 



I wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July, and one way to ensure a safe 4th is by not forgetting the one accessory that I wish everyone had in their bag....sunscreen!

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved