I received this sample in the hopes I would share my honest opinion.
For many of us it is time to go back to school and for many kids this is an exciting time. For those who have dealt with bullying in school it is a stressful time, no matter the grade they are entering.
Gordmans wants to do their part to put an end to the hate in our school and has teamed up with Anti-Defamation League (ADL) to promote the ADL’s No Place for Hate®
initiative to help eradicate hatred, prejudice and bullying as students and teachers prepare to head back to school this fall.
Through the month of August, Gordmans
will join ADL in a call to action encouraging individuals, parents,
teachers and students to take a stand against bullying and prejudice in
schools and communities. Guests at Gordmans
stores are
invited to purchase “Helping Hands” for $1 each or more in support of
the initiative. Every dollar raised will directly benefit ADL’s No Place
for Hate® anti-bullying initiatives.
I know this is not my first time saying this but back to school has always been my favorite time of the year. I feel like it is a chance for a fresh start, but I will also admit that when I was in the younger I did not feel this way. In fact when I was in the third and fourth grade I cringed at the idea of returning to school because I knew what was in store for me and it was another girl my age who would always "pick" on me and to this day I remember just how awful she was to me. It was so bad that my parents had to change my school in the middle of the fourth grade. The funny part is now as adults living in a small town I see this girl from time to time and now over 25 years later I feel sorry for her because I know that I am not the only person who she treated this way and I also know that the other people feel the same way today for her that they did back then. Meaning that being mean as a kid carries with you and while you may think that with time people forget they don't.
This is why I support Gordmans for stepping up and reminding all of us that school is No Place For Hate!
Sunday we stopped by the Springfield Gordmans and found some of the cutest book bags for the younger kids. While we are not shopping for dorm rooms I saw so many things that makes me want to decorate someones dorm, from beds in a bag, rugs, wall art, towels and storage you can find it all in one location and within your budget.
To help you get ready for back to school Gordmans would like to give one reader a $25 Gordmans Gift Card?
Giveaway ends on Sunday, August 17th at 8pm cst
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
U.S. entries only
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info.
U.S. entries only
Want to win?
Tell me how you feel about bulling in our schools
What do you think could be done to educate us all to be kind
Like Gordmans on Facebook
Follow Gordmans on Twitter
*Send me a Friend request on Facebook
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!





64 comments:
I'm glad schools are cracking down harder on bullying
like gordmans on fb
like msm on fb
subscribe to daily rss feed
I like Gordmans on Facebook
Sent a Friend request on Facebook
Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
Follow you on Pinterest
Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
https://www.facebook.com/nikki.p.smith.1/posts/871412609537466
Tweeted https://twitter.com/kraftmaking/status/497174227586674688
I do not like bullying at all and wish there were tougher penalties for it.
I like you on FB.
I am an email subscriber.
We all do need to be kind. To pursue that, I am really not sure what could be done except to Train up children in the way they should go (act)
my daughter was bullied all last year its hard for me to deal with it must be twice as hard for her i just wish everyone could see we all have feels and need to feel loved
subscribe
twitter folow
pintrest follow
fb follow
friends with you
my step son is getting bullied in school right now. it should not be tollerated. I feel it should be a parents responsibility. I was at the store yesterday and some little girl grabbed a toy out of my daughters hand. a 5 year old to a 3 year old. the mom did not do anything. rediculous. it starts young.
christinejessamine at hotmail dot com
i like Gordmans on facebook
i like you on facebook
i am an email subscriber
i follow you on pinterest @cljessa
I think it's really bad at schools today!Kids need to know how they would feel if it would be them getting all the abuse!
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Facebook Fan of Gordman's(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Fan of My Springfield Mommy(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter (tamilynn59)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Follow You on Pinterest(tamivol)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Email Subscriber
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
I think bullying should not be tolerated
I think all parents should realize not all their kids are angels
email subscriber
friends on fb
like you on fb
instagram
twitter
pinterest
folllow Gordmans on fb
follow Gordmans on Twitter
I think bullying is awful and needs to be stopped
Like Gordmans on Facebook as amanda sakovitz
following gordmans on twitter aes529
friends with you on fb amanda sakovitz
i like you on fb amanda sakovitz
following you on twitter aes529
pinterest follower mandy375
email feed subscriber
instagram follower pokergrl8
https://www.facebook.com/amanda.sakovitz/posts/10204710190378710
https://twitter.com/aes529/status/500642704670621698
I still hear of bullying happening quite a bit, despite a school's "no bullying policy" and zero tolerance for it. I think some kids think bullying has to be that all out cruel stuff and they don't realize even lesser degrees of being mean to other kids can be bullying too. I think more education regarding different degrees of bullying would help.
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
I like Gordman's on fb (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
I like Gordman's on fb (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
I follow Gordman's on twitter (@wowtotweet)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
I'm friends w/ u on fb (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
Like u on fb (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
Ur Twitter follower (@wowtotweet)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
I'm a Pinterest follower (anne dall)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
Subscriber to your daily feed
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
https://twitter.com/wowtotweet/status/501076549777784832 tweet link
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
https://twitter.com/wowtotweet/status/501076549777784832 tweet link
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
Post a Comment