Image Map

Thursday, February 19, 2015

DisneySide Day # 19 - Disney By My Selfie

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!
 
Personal photos in this post may not be used without written permission from My Springfield Mommy.
 
I love going to Walt Disney World with my family. My parents would take my brother and I to the parks almost every year during my childhood. However, I recently got to experience some of the parks by myself. 
 
 
In August, my mother planned to attend a business conference that was being held at one of the Disney resorts. She invited me to come along and share the hotel room with her. I would see her in the evenings after the conference, but I had each morning and afternoon to myself. In the mornings, My mother would put on her suit and I would put on my handmade mouse ears and favorite T-shirt. I then set off to see the parks on my own.
 

Disney is a wonderful place for friends and family to have fun together. That's actually the point of Disneyland, according to Walt Disney. Therefore, I first felt slightly awkward to be in the parks by myself. I realized that I had complete freedom. I could skip the rides that I didn't want to do, go on my favorites as many times as I liked, and experience the rides and shows that my family tends to avoid. As a solo park guest, I had complete freedom... and I loved it. 
 

I visited Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on my own, with no other agenda to go by. I rode Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom a total of seven times. I didn't have a long wait because I stood in the Single-Riders line. 
 

I had a blast taking pictures throughout the park. I also took some selfies with some of the costumed characters. I felt awkward at first because I was waiting in line with the small children and their families. When meeting Stitch at Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom, I asked if he would like a "selfie". "Stitch LOVES to take selfies!", a nearby cast member said. My awkwardness was calmed and I got some really fun pictures. 
 

My favorite thing about visiting the parks by myself was the fact that I could go at my own pace. I wasn't waiting for other members of my party to finish their shopping at the gift shop. On the other hand, If I saw something that I liked, I was under no pressure to keep up with the rest of my party. The complete freedom helped me to be both happy AND relaxed. I still appreciate trips with my family and friends, but had a fun experience on my own. 

Guest post by Brennan H.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved