No matter who you are, where you live or what your age I am willing to bet you have heard the word Disney. I will assume that when you hear the word Disney you instantly think of something, be it your favorite movie or maybe a memory from a vacation. I will also go out on a limb and say that it makes you smile and that is when you know you have shown your DisneySide!
We were invited to host a DisneySide party and were given a theme of Multi-generational. Which is why I knew getting not only the kids but also the parents involved would make the event even more exciting.
Who better to share a fun evening of Disney with than your Girl Scout friends, which is exactly when we did. When I suggested it the Troop Leader offered to have the girls have a slumber party at her home. The Moms agreed we would stay for a few hours to help set up, play games and make sure the kids had something to eat before leaving. What we did not plan on was a snow/sleet/ice storm cutting some of the Mom time.
The girls spent the evening playing bingo, doing word searches, pinning the smile on Mickey's mouth, decorating a cake, painting their nails and of course watching Disney movies ALL night long!
What made this party nice was that each of the girls shared Disney stories, from who is their favorite princess to if they could ride any of the attractions without having to wait in a line which one would it be.
The parents also shared some stories about what movies they enjoyed most as a kid vs which ones they like now. We all agreed that the humor geared to adults in the movies is what makes them a hit with the whole family.
I have to share that the pin the smile on Mickey was so much fun, while I promised the Moms I would not share all the photos for this activity mainly since the Moms took part and did not want to have our photos taken.
I was a little nervous to have the girls paint their own nails, I was convinced they would make a mess but the did a great job!
The best part of the party was that the girls were able to spend some additional time together and that it also brought the parents together for an evening. I just wished the weather would have held out for us so that we could have stayed longer. Don't get me wrong the girls were excited to have the Moms leave, but we were having just as good of time as they were and we did not want it to end.
This leaves me to wonder....if I say Disney what is the first thing that comes to your mind? For me it is the smiles on these girl's faces and knowing that the Disney party put it there.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!











No comments:
Post a Comment