I received this sample in the hopes I would share my honest opinions.
As I mentioned yesterday one of the things I look forward to most this time of year is being at home more and able to enjoy a passion of mine, reading. One of the titles on my fall/winter reading list is High Country Hideout by Elle James.
More about this Harlequin Intrigue title:
Ranching was Angus Ketchum’s first love - until his last tour of duty shattered that dream. The wounded ex-soldier gets his second chance when he’s recruited to go undercover to protect a widowed ranch owner. But from the moment he meets Reggie Davis, Angus can tell holding onto her land and keeping her young son safe is taking its toll. Especially when someone threatens her livelihood and her life. As the attacks escalate, Angus must rely on his combat skills to keep Reggie and her boy alive. And he must rely on his commitment to the mission to keep their powerful attraction in check.
Have you ever wondered what goes through an authors mind when they chose a location for a book? Elle James took the time to share with us how she chose Colorado.
I chose Colorado as a setting for HIGH COUNTRY HIDEOUT because I love Colorado and think it’s as rugged as some of my heroes. I also chose it because my hero needed to learn he could do the work, even in such a challenging environment. The Rockies can be beautiful and dangerous, especially for a man who has lost a leg in battle. Angus learns he can still ride a horse, climb hills and be the man he needs to be.
My husband, daughter and I love to visit Colorado to take our ATVs out on the old mining trails. We see some of the most beautiful scenery from 13,000 feet up in the mountains. I wanted my hero to experience some of that beauty to remind him his life is worth living and he can still contribute greatly to the running of a ranch in the mountains. I hope you learn to love Angus as he learns to love himself again.
My husband, daughter and I love to visit Colorado to take our ATVs out on the old mining trails. We see some of the most beautiful scenery from 13,000 feet up in the mountains. I wanted my hero to experience some of that beauty to remind him his life is worth living and he can still contribute greatly to the running of a ranch in the mountains. I hope you learn to love Angus as he learns to love himself again.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:
Post a Comment