Thanks to Disney for my screening invitation. Opinions are honest.
The review embargo has been lifted so now it can be shared that I was invited to a screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Having not seen any of Episodes 1-6, my husband was more than willing to take my place and go since he is a big fan of the movies and remembers going to see the first Star Wars movie in 1977 when he was 7 years old. Below is his review.
First of all, there will not be any spoilers in this review. I made a point not to read any spoilers or speculation about this movie before I went and I am so happy I did.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is an incredible movie that really feels like a continuation to Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. J.J. Abrams, the director and co-writer of this movie is clearly a big fan of the original trilogy. He is able to continue the story of the original movies and uses some of those characters while introducing new characters and combining them seamlessly. Plus, he brought back the composer, John Williams, so you know the music is an amazing addition.
There are some great action scenes, some laughs and perhaps even a tear or two. It really was a fun 2 hours and 15 minutes.
After I came home from the screening I Googled Star Wars spoilers and it was once again proven that not everything written on the internet is true. I encourage you to avoid reading any opinions or "facts" about the movie before you go and see it for yourself. I had such a good time watching the movie, because I went in purposely not knowing any possible details or speculation.
This movie could be viewed without having seen any of the previous 6 movies, though there are definitely some references and "inside jokes" that others will laugh at that you would not understand, but you would still enjoy the movie.
The only negative I can say is that it will be very hard to wait until the next episode comes out. Star Wars:The Force Awakens opens everywhere Friday!
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


No comments:
Post a Comment