Image Map

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

How Our Family Came To Be Dog People #FriendsWithBeneful

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

This year marks our 10th year being in our home, while it has seemed like these past ten years have just flown by so much has happened.  From having a child, working for family, to both gaining and losing pets.  Recently, our daughter asked where our dogs came from and looking back on the story I knew it was one I was going to want to share when I agreed to become a member of the Friends with Beneful program.

About a month into living in our home I noticed a dog walking around the front of our house.  It was friendly and appeared to have been well feed, so I automatically assumed, this dog is lost and I have to find its family.  After calling the local police department and pound I discovered no one was looking for it (there is a reason I am calling this dog an it).  After about a week of feeding it and checking in with the local shelter it was clear this dog was not going anywhere, so we named it Chester and he would come in and out as he wanted.  As time passed he was gaining weight and everything seemed to be fine.

Chester
 
Until one chilly raining night when my husband went out looking for him and could not get him to come in the house.   Once in the house he jumped up on the sofa and began digging and walking in a circle, we had no idea what was going on, so we set up some old blankets in the laundry room so he had a place to sleep all night.   We moved him in the laundry room where he started digging at the blankets, it was odd but we did not think much of it until all of a sudden the dog we had been calling Chester shocked us by giving birth, over the course of the night she delivered 9 puppies.  Needless to say we got more than we bargained for with this dog.    

A few weeks passed and it was time to find the puppies homes, and when we were down to just one a chubby black dog that looked nothing like the Mother.  Someone told me to take him out to the nursing home that one of the employees out there would fall in love with her.   It worked, about 15 minutes before she was to be picked up we took her for a walk, only she got out her collar and ran into the road and was hit,  I believe by the person coming for her but they never stopped and once she recovered we decided we could not part with her.  We named her Checkers and she and the Chester (Mama Dog) have been with us ever since.   

Checkers

 I have no idea how old Chester is, but I would assume 13-14 years and Checkers is just at 10 years.  Over this time they have become a huge part of our lives, so they were not planned additions to our family, they are not pure breads, and they are getting pretty old they are part of our family.   During these entire ten years they have had a diet of primarily Beneful wet and dry food, sure there are some table scraps from time to time but otherwise we stay true to Beneful. 

Why am I telling you this crazy and long story, that is easy.  Over the next year I am going to be sharing more about our experiences with Beneful, how much our dogs enjoy it, how we have come to trust them to provide out dogs with the best nutrition available, and why everyone at my local Dollar General thought I was crazy when I cleared their shelves and told them I would be back for more soon.


In the meantime I would love to know more about your dogs.
-How did you get your dog?
-What do you feed them?
-What do you do with your dogs to keep them fit?
- How do you keep them entertained?
- How has having a dog changed your life?

Thank you to Beneful for sponsoring this post, opinions are honest.
 
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved