Image Map

Friday, June 3, 2016

Me Before You Now in Theaters

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

Earlier this year, Jojo Moyes' book Me Before You come across as a suggested read on Amazon and without knowing anything about the title I decided to see if the library had a copy I could borrow. About 50 pages in I was unable to put the book down, in fact I would get annoyed when I was interrupted and not able to read it in peace and quiet.

 For those who may not be familiar with Me Before You:

Louisa “Lou” Clark (Clarke) lives in a quaint town in the English countryside. With no clear direction in her life, the quirky and creative 26-year-old goes from one job to the next in order to help her tight-knit family make ends meet. Her normally cheery outlook is put to the test, however, when she faces her newest career challenge. Taking a job at the local “castle,” she becomes caregiver and companion to Will Traynor (Claflin), a wealthy young banker who became wheelchair bound in an accident two years prior, and whose whole world changed dramatically in the blink of an eye. No longer the adventurous soul he once was, the now cynical Will has all but given up. That is until Lou determines to show him that life is worth living. Embarking together on a series of adventures, both Lou and Will get more than they bargained for, and find their lives—and hearts—changing in ways neither one could have imagined.



I was invited to the screening and while I refuse to be the person known for giving out spoiler alerts what I will say is that Thea Sharrock has done the book proud in that she stays true to the story line and does not take liberties with Me Before You that you often find when a book is made into a film. Sure there are a few minor elements that time would just not permit for but that is to be expected. The onscreen chemistry between Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin will leave you so caught up in the story that you will forget you are at the movies.

For those who have read the book, you know what to expect. For those who may not be familiar with the topics this title brings up I suggest you do yourself a favor and let the movie be where you find out what this story is all about. I will suggest that no matter what you know about Me Before You that you go prepared with a handful of Kleenex in your hand and be ready to #LiveBoldly.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved