I may live in a rural area in central Illinois and while there are farms within walking distance of my home but I know little to nothing of gardening. With that being said I have been wanting to teach our daughter a few life skills and what better way then growing your own food? The only problem with my plan is that I do not know where to start, which is why I turned to my good friend Sheri and her new book "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Seed Saving and Starting".
In her newest book she goes into great detail starting with what is a seed, saving seeds, storing them, germinating and testing, sowing, transplanting, cross breeding, differences between flowering and editable plants. She does so in a way that no matter your knowledge going in you will know more coming out.
Sheri gives in-depth descriptions on the process, shows us images that help explain the process better for those who are visual like me. The charts and graphs make quick referencing quick and easy.
Sheri's passion for gardening can felt throughout the pages of this book, which makes reading it enjoyable and educational. I am looking forward to using this book as a reference not only on starting a garden but also saving the seeds for years to come.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


No comments:
Post a Comment