Image Map

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Meijer's Has Your Back To School Lunch Box Needs Covered

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

A few of you may know that last year we made a school change in the middle of the year, from private to public.   Yesterday was a big day and we registered for the upcoming school year and we were lucky to get a teacher we are looking forward to have.  Our supplies and a few new outfits have been purchased leaving just one challenge...what to pack in the lunchbox.   Sure the school has a hot lunch program which is wonderful, but our daughter does not care for chicken so when it comes up on the menu I know it is time to pack a lunch, so off to Meijer I will be going to stock up.


When I pack a lunch there are a few things I take into consideration.
  • Nutrition, I want to provide a meal that is balanced and filling
  • Food Safety, I do not want anything that will spoil before lunchtime
  • Packaging, Can our daughter open the packages, you would be amazed at what kids can and cannot open on their own.

For us a lunch consists of a peanut butter (Jif is on sale this week for only $1.99)  and jelly on whole wheat, with a fruit (Mott's applesauce is on sale this week for $2) a yogurt tube, and some crackers or pretzels.   One trick I have learned over time is to freeze your yogurt tube and drink (capri suns are on sale this week for $2.29), they serve as an ice pack and thaws just in time for the lunch bell to ring. 

I also do my best to skip the plastic baggies and go with reusable containers that save me money and are better for the environment.

No matter what you pack in your child's lunch Meijer's has you covered and when you use your Mperks account you can trust you are getting the best price available.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved