Image Map

Monday, October 10, 2016

Rowenta SteamCare Iron

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!



For me, ironing isn’t something that I plan to do on a regular basis, it’s not something that I set time aside for at any point in the week, or month even. I don’t like ironing because not only is it time consuming, but meeting certain criteria for different fabrics is more than I have patience for. I pride myself on being able to hang dry and flat dry like a master, and don’t find many issues with wrinkles. However, when I do end up pulling out my ancient iron, it is because an event is coming up where wrinkles would be unsightly. This being a wedding, a shower of some sort, or (most unwelcomed) a funeral or relating events, or most recently, picture day at school. Now, for my boys, I am very fond of a basic polo shirt and khakis. It keeps their pictures timeless, so they won’t look back 20 years from now and think, “What was I thinking?” Now, if there is anything that I have found to keep wrinkles, it is khaki material. Each of the boys only has one pair for special occasions, so while they do tend to sit in the drawer and keep their nice non-wrinkled appearance, the boys do at times move stuff around in their drawers and the slacks end up getting wrinkled. I have an old iron that while aged (and showing that age) gets the job done. Usually I have to be quick about it because the temperature will continue to go up, no matter what I might choose as a setting. When the time comes, ironing follows all of the regularly folded clothing so I already have my earbuds in, with my playlist blaring the hits of the 70s and 80s (as well as some nostalgic 90s). I recently (and perfectly timed might I add) received an iron for review and decided that picture day was the perfect opportunity to test it out.



First, let me tell you a little about what the details of the product are. The Rowenta brand was born in Germany in 1909 so it is safe to say that they know what they’re doing, since they’ve been around long enough to prove it. The Rowenta SteamCare Iron has a pretty amazing feature that is its selling point in my opinion, it allows you to safely and seamlessly iron any fabric, and the delicate or difficult nature of the fabric has no effect on how the iron performs when removing wrinkles, the iron changes the temperature automatically so you don’t have to change it yourself in between articles of clothing. The iron has Tri-Plate Technology which ensures that it is 100% safe for even the most delicate fabrics, no risk of shine, or burning. It features a lime scale removal and self-cleaning system which removes mineral deposits caused by hard water. This optimizes the performance of the iron and extends its longevity. The iron has a Microsteam350 Soleplate which means you get optimal steam distribution and its round shape gives you smooth ironing to keep your fabric from creasing. It has multiple steam options including auto-steam, steam burst, and a fine mist spray. Also, for those of us who are a bit forgetful, or forever multitasking, there is an auto shutoff feature which shuts the iron off after 30 seconds if it is lying on its side, and after 8 mins in the upright/standing position.



I had two different pairs of khakis and they were both 100% cotton, however, one pair was very thin and had a lot more wrinkles than the other thicker pair. The iron was easy enough to set up, and didn’t seem as heavy as the iron I was used to. I didn’t use any of the steam “options” but the buttons and the switch seemed pretty straightforward. This iron is taking up the newly opened spot near the washer and dryer and might even make ironing a regular occurrence for me seeing as how it is incredibly easy to use. Apparently, the  trick to "Getting Your Iron On" is to have an iron that is up to the task, and will make you feel mighty while wielding it. You can get your own Rowenta SteamCare Iron at many retailers as of October 5th, such as Macy's.
 
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved