As a Wife and Mother who works full time and is involved in several community organizations I know first hand how hard it can be to find time for yourself, let alone time to sit down and read a book. This is exactly what I did over the past few days, I made time for me and read In This Life by Christine Brae, before I share my thoughts I need to share the backstory with you:
Anna Dillon wants to escape her life in New York City before she starts medical school. She convinces her best friend, Dante, to volunteer with her in
a coastal, Thai village. While there, Anna meets the compassionate
and enigmatic Jude Grayson. They’re instantly attracted to one another,
however, their affair is short-lived. When Anna has to rush home, Jude
promises he’ll stay in touch.
But he never calls, and Anna tries desperately to forget about him.
Five years later, Anna has moved on with Dante and has given up on Jude. But one day they come face to face again in New York, and Anna learns
the life-altering secret of why Jude never
called – and why they can never be together. And Dante? Anna learns that
her best friend – whom she’s grown to love and trust – has a secret of
his own.
Just a handful of pages in and I was unable to put In This Life down. While the last thing I want to do is give anything from the story line away. I will however say that you will fall in love with the characters and the various interactions that bring them together throughout the story. You will also find this book to be a fast read and one that leaves you wanting to check out the other titles in the Brae collection which includes The Light in the Wound, His Wounded Light and Insipid.
I am also excited to share that In This Life just got optioned to be made into a movie by Adrian Bellani and Emmanuelle Chriqui. I am sure you will be as excited as I am to keep up on this film, and as I receive more information I will be sure to share it with you as well.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


No comments:
Post a Comment