Have you ever been moved by a movie trailer to the point you know that the film is going to be one you will want to see multiple times? This is exactly what happened to me when I first saw the preview of The Zookeeper's Wife, but before I explain why, let me tell you more about this title.
In
1939 Poland, Antonina Żabińska (portrayed by two-time Academy Award
nominee Jessica Chastain) and her husband, Dr. Jan Żabiński (Johan
Heldenbergh, a European Film Award
nominee for the Academy Award-nominated The Broken Circle Breakdown),
have the Warsaw Zoo flourishing under his stewardship and her care.
When
their country is invaded by the Germans, Jan and Antonina are stunned
and forced to report to the Reich's newly appointed chief zoologist,
Lutz Heck (Golden Globe Award
nominee Daniel Brühl of Captain America: Civil War).
When I was younger, my parents would often share the story of a couple they had been in business with years before I was born. Both of them had been Holocaust survivors and had made their way to the St. Louis area where they reconnected and married. I remember as a young child, always thinking they had to of been ridiculously old or dead. Then one night after school I remember walking into our living room and there they sat. They had come up to visit with my parents and from that day on they became a couple who spent a lot of time with us. While they never spoke of their experiences with me, again I was a child, my parents would share a few stories and I just remember being shocked that they were not much older than my parents and that put the events of the Holocaust into a perspective that I don't think many people my age are able to experience, because of this I am looking forward to seeing The Zookeeper's Wife, rated PG-13, when it is in theaters on March 31st.
Would you like to win a $25 Fandango gift card to take your heroine to see The Zookeeper's Wife?
Giveaways ends at 8pm on Sunday, March 26th
Winner chosen by Random.org
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info via email.
U.S. entries only
Winners responsible for supplying shipping info via email.
U.S. entries only
Want to win?
*How has she helped and inspired you rise above and tackle some of life’s hardest issues?
*Tell me about a courageous woman in your life who faced obstacles and found a way to overcome them
*Send me a Friend request on Facebook
*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Friend me on Google+*Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Follow me on Google Plus
*Subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
*Follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram
*Tweet about this giveaway, leave the link in comments
*Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave the link in comments.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


167 comments:
We are already fb friends, my name is CindyWindy Blogs, carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
I like my springfield mommy as CindyWindy Blogs, carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
I follow you on in twitter as @carawling, carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
I follow you on pinterest as Cynthia R, www.pinterest.com/carawling, carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
I friend you as google plus as CYn()th_ia Ravv_lI..Ng. carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
I follow you on google plus as Cyn(thPia Raw_(i_.ng. carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
I am an email subscriber of yours as carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com.
Shared this giveaway on fb here https://www.facebook.com/cindywindy.blogs/posts/745934585584190 carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
Tweeted about giveaway here https://twitter.com/carawling/status/844609273573392389 carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
Mandatory entry- I read this book, so many hero war stories are about a soldier, this book taught me courageous people are everywhere from the zookeeper's wife to the teacher to the notary. I aspire to be one of them. carawling(at)hotmail(dot)com
Courageous women in my life were both of my grandmothers who lost their first husbands at young ages, both with young children. They put themselves through college, while working and supported and raised their families strong! So proud of my grandmas!
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I am your Friend on Facebook as Angela Saver
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook as Angela Saver
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter as @saverang
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I am your friend on Google+ As Angela Saver
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I follow you on Pinterest - my url is http://www.pinterest.com/angelasaver1/
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I follow you on Google Plus as Angela Saver
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I subscribe to My Springfield Mommy's daily feed
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram as Angela.Saver
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I tweeted
https://mobile.twitter.com/saverang/status/844625171629649920
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
I shared on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/angela.saver.5/posts/1262581837130798
Andysavi.Mom@gmail.com
FB follower Erinn Sluka
FB Friend Erinn Sluka
Follow on Twitter @3sonshavei
G+ Erinn Sluka
Pinterest @parentinghealth
email subscribe erinnsluka@gmail
Instagram @parentinghealthy
like you on fb
twitter follower
pinterest follower
google + follower
email subscriber
https://twitter.com/vulcanjava/status/844646883624673281
A courageous woman I know is a family member who lost her spouse to cancer, and then went through cancer herself. She stayed strong through treatments and is doing well.
I Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook
I Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter (@jacvil5237)
I follow on google plus
https://plus.google.com/112447615664705315472
I follow on pinterest
pinterest.com/jacvil/
I subscribe via email
https://twitter.com/vulcanjava/status/845107101391376385
BT0904201596x
BT0904201591x
https://twitter.com/vulcanjava/status/845482986204205057
BT0904201595x
BT0904201586x
BT0904201588x
https://twitter.com/Arf2D2/status/845669844108414976
I know someone who has an illness that nearly killed her. She is slowly fighting her way back. At least she is walking again!
My mom fought pancreatic cancer. She lost the battle but fought with dignity, grace and a strong faith in God.
like you on FB (Cheryl smith)
follow on G+
follow on google plus reader
email subscriber
BT0904201567x
My best friend is a drug addict. I've seen her in wild times, crying times,hyper times, and I am noticing her strength and courage as she is healing from the years of abuse she put on her body and soul. My best friend is a survivor!! A quitter!! And a recovering addict that has changed her entire world.. I could not be prouder than I am right now..
Sent friend request on Facebook!!
Twitter follow: @mya98604
Google + follow @myastopka
Pinterest follow: straykattt
New email subscription!!
Facebook post: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207918803359570&id=1581293093
Facebook post: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207918803359570&id=1581293093
Tweeted!! https://mobile.twitter.com/mya98604/status/845812887297830912
New email subscription!!
Pinterest follow: straykattt
Google + follow @myastopka
Sent friend request on Facebook!!
https://twitter.com/vulcanjava/status/845849274042793984
BT0904201572x
My mother in law is a courageous woman who faced many obstacles in her life. She raised 5 kids by herself, worked 10 hours days and overcame major health issues. She is truly a strong courageous woman!
tweety800265(at)yahoo(dot)com
Sent a friend request on Facebook. FB name Jan Peoples
tweety800265(at)yahoo(dot)com
I follow you on Twitter as disneyfan40
tweety800265(at)yahoo(dot)com
I follow you on Pinterest as https://www.pinterest.com/malahini/
tweety800265(at)yahoo(dot)com
I like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook. FB name Jan Peoples
tweety800265(at)yahoo(dot)com
Our family dentist was a very brave woman who fought cancer for several years but lost the battle and left behind 2 small children. Even when she was very sick, she would come to work and always have a smile and sunny outlook for her patients.
mami2jcn at gmail dot com
I like you on Facebook (Mary Carmen)
I subscribe to your daily feed.
I follow you on google plus (Mary F)
I follow you on twitter (mami2jcn)
I follow you on pinterest (mami2jcn)
I follow Margie Brill on instagram (mami2jcn)
My heroine has helped to inspire me to always try to have a positive outlook.
shared on Facebook--https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=424567051215024&id=100009851985013
My Aunt is a very courageous woman! She has lost two children to cancer, is raising her granddaughter, and was diagnosed with cancer this year. She is a fighter and never gives up or loses hope!
addictedtorodeo at gmail dot com
Ashley C
I like you on fb
I follow you on twitter
I follow you on pinterest
The fact that she overcame such tough obstacles with life at risk helps make me think many things can be done otherwise seemed not so possible.
My mom overcame being a widow to raise all nine of us kids on her own being very courageous!
I already am a friend after sending request on face book
I follow on twitter @johnverse68
I follow on pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/johnverse68/
I subscribe to your daily feed on yahoo
I follow on google plus as john joseph
I follow you on Google + as Janice Cooper
tweety800265(at)yahoo(dot)com
a caragous woman I know is my aunt who had breast cancer, and is now cancer free!!
I am very much wanting to see this movie! It's been on my radar for quite awaile. An inspirational woman has been my mom, she had been a stay at home mom all my life until recently, when she had to go back to work to support herself and my dad... She had me when she was 17, and didn't finish high school or get her GED. She has worked her way up from a cashier to management in a short time and I'm so proud of her.
daniellecorrelle@aol.com
We are already fb friends Natalie Jacques Belinsky,natbelinsky@verizon.net
My mom suddenly became a single parent after a hard divorce and she went back to school to get her masters and become a teacher. Before she was a stay at home mom. yarbr012 at gmail dot com
I follow on pinterest as yarbr012.
My Mom is a strong, courageous person. She raised 4 kids on her own. We were all young and close in age. She worked hard long days and even went back to school.
Friends on Facebook - Shelly Peterson
cshell090869 at aol dot com
Like My Springfield Mommy on Facebook - Shelly Peterson
cshell090869 at aol dot com
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Twitter - @cshell202
cshell090869 at aol dot com
Friends on Google+ - Shelly Peterson
cshell090869 at aol dot com
Follow on Pinterest - Shelly Peterson
cshell090869 at aol dot com
Follow on Google Plus - Shelly Peterson
cshell090869 at aol dot com
email subscriber
cshell090869 at aol dot com
Follow My Springfield Mommy on Instagram - cshell202
cshell090869 at aol dot com
tweeted
https://twitter.com/cshell202/status/846093646604615680
cshell090869 at aol dot com
BT0904201570x
BT0904201563x
https://twitter.com/vulcanjava/status/846094822209437697
I would say that my Mom is someone who was faced with a great obstacle (cancer). She had such an optimistic attitude as she fought it. She taught me to stay positive and be strong no matter what. She has been in remission ever since.
my mom was in a home and foster care when she was young. She can make do with very little and has taught me how to do the same.
pjames330 at aol dot com
fb fan
pjames330 at aol dot com
I sent a friend request on Facebook – Yona Williams.
twitter follower
pjames330 at aol dot com
google+
pjames330 at aol dot com
I follow you on Twitter - pricelessteam
pinterest
pjames330 at aol dot com
google plus
pjames330 at aol dot com
subscriber
pjames330 at aol dot com
Follow you on Pinterest Kristin18k
instagram
pjames330 at aol dot com
I follow you on Pinterest – yonawrites
Follow you on twitter @KristinCrafts
I follow you on Google + - Yona Williams
I like your pagee on Facebook – Yona Williams
I follow Margie Brill on Instagram (yonawrites)
Friends with you on facebook
liked Springfield mommy on fb
follow Springfield mommy on twitter @lyzjus2
follow you on google+
follow on pintrest lyzabeth1970
follow you on instagram @lyzabeth1970
My grandma was a courageous woman in my life who raised my mom and eleven aunties alone. For me, she was a heroine because I could not imagine how I can handle 12 children :)
Fiona N
I am already one of Your facebook friends under name: fiona nuyen
Thank You So Much :)
Fiona N
I liked My Springfield Mommy on Facebook under name: fiona nuyen
Fiona N
I am following My Springfield Mommy on Twitter @carabao62
Fiona N
I friend You on Google+ as name: fiona nuyen
Fiona N
I am following You on Pinterest as name: fiona nuyen
Fiona N
I am following You on Google Plus as name: fiona nuyen
Fiona N
I subscribed to My Springfield Mommy's daily via this email
Thank You
Fiona N
I shared it on Twitter: https://twitter.com/carabao62/status/846159574247837696
Thank You for the chance!
Fiona N
iceyogurt(at)gmail(dot)com
I became your Facebook friend under the username likwan.
I follow you on Facebook under the username likwan.
I follow you on Twitter under the username likwan.
I follow you on Google+ under the name Lily Kwan.
I follow you on Pinterest under the username likwan.
I subscribed to your feed.
I follow you on Instagram under the username ms_lilyk.
I tweeted about this giveaway on Twitter at https://twitter.com/likwan/status/846179425041313792.
Jerry Marquardt sent a Friend request on Facebook.
Jerry Marquardt Liked My Springfield Mommy on Facebook.
@versatileer followed My Springfield Mommy on Twitter.
Jerry Marquardt Friended MB on Google+.
Jerry Marquardt followed MB me on Pinterest.
Jerry Marquardt followed MB on Google Plus.
versatileer(at)gmail(dot)com subscribed to My Springfield Mommy's daily email & RSS feed.
I publicly Tweeted this giveaway: https://twitter.com/versatileer/status/846206748922990592
I shared the giveaway on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.marquardt.1/posts/1046194822179830
Facebook fan.
Pinterest follower.
Twitter follower
Post a Comment