Image Map

Friday, April 14, 2017

Zen Doodle Mindscapes & Dreamscapes

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

Artistic talent isn't always something that comes naturally, sometimes people need to be taught how to release emption through art. They may need a little bit of direction into how to get the most out of their doodles and once they accomplish that they can truly express themselves through their artwork. Barron's knows that while coloring expressive images is relaxing, for some people drawing those same images is just as relaxing and freeing, if not more so. Barron's Zen Doodle Dreamscapes and Zen Doodle Mindscapes books will guide you, and help you tap into your emotions, and unlock your dreams.


I myself, used to doodle a lot, to a point actually, that in middle school I would get points docked for doodles on assignments and its right around that time that I started carrying an extra notebook for art. I ended up drawing all through high school and it has carried on into adulthood. It's one of my favorite things to do in my downtime and sometimes I get caught up in it for hours. In my personal experience, as I've grown older I have found that its harder for me to express myself through my own artwork, and most of my drawings are inspired by other artists work. I was given Barron's Mindscapes as a review and it has honestly brought me so much comfort. I realized that I do still have that self expression within me, but my mind is just too busy most days to bring it out. The Zen Doodle books are essentially guides, they don't have images inside to color, instead each page is filled with examples, and suggestions as to how to get the most out of your own drawings. Mindscapes takes you through color and shapes and how they relate to different emotions. For example, Chapter 4 is all about anger and rage, the first thing you see is a pristine white page splashed with bright red blood, and a Confucius quote, "When anger rises, think of the consequences." The pages that follow offer an insight into anger, what it is and what it might be, and shows you a collage of images that relate to the feeling. After viewing some anger inspired artwork you are guided through a symmetrical design, which walks you through creating your own. The book includes eight chapters that are all set up like this one to give you the most out of emotional expression.


These Zen Doodle books will be released later this year, Dreamscapes in July and Mindscapes in April. If you are someone who doodles, and you would like to learn the full range of expression through your artwork, then the Zen Doodle books from Barron's are something you should have in your library, whether you have 5 minutes or an hour, these books will help you get the most out of your downtime through your drawings.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved