If
there is one thing I love about fall it is the food, I know it is very
cliché but I love all things pumpkin, and it is just so hard to find it
out of season. If all of the pumpkin food products were available all
year round, I would definitely eat and drink pumpkin spice flavored food
all year! Cheerios had caught on to this trend and introduced Pumpkin Spice Cheerios.
Well
luckily for us, Cheerios is once again going to be on grocers' shelves.
For a limited time, you can enjoy Cheerios made with whole grain oats,
pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Most people would eat Cheerios from
a bowl because that's how they're meant to be eaten, but my family and I
ate them by the handful. I believe there was only one bowl made from
the entire box. The box went with us on car rides, to sports practices,
and most recently, in snack baggies to school. They were just too
delicious to wait for breakfast, or to wait and get the bowl, get the
milk, and then the spoon... who has time for that!? General Mills is
always kind enough to let us review their cereals, and they were
thoughtful enough to send a fun recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
Lattes, and now I'm sharing with you for your enjoyment!
Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Lattes
- 2 cups milk
- 3Tbs packed brown sugar
- 1Tbs canned pumpkin ( NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix)
- 1/4tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups Pumpkin Spice Cheerios cereal
- 1/2 cup hot brewed espresso coffee
- whipped cream, cinnamon stick, and pumpkin pie spice, if desired
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir milk, brown sugar, pumpkin, and pumpkin spice; heat to boiling over medium heat. Measure cereal into medium bowl. Pour mixture over cereal; let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place fine mesh strainer over same saucepan. Pour cereal mixture into strainer, press cereal with back of spoon to get as much milk strained out as possible. Discard cereal. Return milk to heat to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pour hot espresso into 2 latte glasses. Divide between glasses. Top with remaining ingredients.
*Makes 2 servings*
TIPS:
try strong coffee in place of espresso. Drizzle top of latte with
salted caramel sauce to compliment the pumpkin spice flavor.
I'm
not someone who can tolerate strong coffee so I may have to try this
recipe with regular coffee, I'm sure it will be delicious either way.
However, to make the recipe, the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios have to last
long enough to make it. Which, I just don't see happening. A huge thank
you to General Mills for the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, my family is very thankful! We will be purchasing more as soon as possible!
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:
Post a Comment