Image Map

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Barron's Books Visual Explorers

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

I have been fortunate enough to develop within my children a love of books, and as I have watched them grow, I have noticed that they have both developed a fondness for fact-based picture books. I'm sure there is a more technical terms for books of this kind but for clarification purposes, I am talking about the ones that (for example) give you a two page photo spread of sharks in the ocean, and around the page give facts about sharks. Books like that draw you in, the photos are real, sometimes shocking and, regardless of the subject, my children ask questions and want to know more. This means they read more books, and I have to go searching for more books of this kind to feed their curiosity. I'm becoming quite fond myself, of Baron's Books. They offer a tremendous variety of books that teach children in a way that makes them want to learn. Their series of books called Visual Explorers, is the exact type of book that I find my children reading all of the time, and they cover a multitude of subjects.

The Visual Learner series is exactly that, a series of books that will take the reader on a visual journey to discover more than they ever thought they would on the subject they choose. The series currently includes 12 topics, and I am hoping they'll be adding more in he future. The current books are:
  • Aviation
  • Birds of Prey
  • Global Warming
  • Insects and Spiders
  • Rocks, Crystals, and Gems
  • Space
  • Wonders of the World
  • Extreme Earth
  • Ocean Life
  • Predators
  • Rainforests
  • Machines

The amount of facts included in these books is sure to please a reader at any level, I myself have learned a few things. For example, did you know that hawks have four types of color receptors in their eyes? This allows them to see ultraviolet light. Humans only have three types of color receptors. The astonishing crystal clear photography makes my children want to learn more, I have one that wants to be a herpetologist and is hoping that the series will grow to include reptiles. My youngest wants to be a geologist and looks forward to when he can read the Rocks, Crystals, and Gems book from the series. Every book I've given my boys from Barron's is always a huge hit, they'll read it and always go back to read it again. The Visual Explorers series is perfect for those kids who love to ask questions, especially the ones you cant answer yourself.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved