Can you believe that is has been 40 years since the original Star Wars movie, A New Hope, was released?! I have to be honest and say that I personally never got into this series, however, my husband is a big fan and when I was offered an invitation to attend a screening of the new chapter, I knew that he would jump at the chance. Below are his thoughts of Star Wars:The Last Jedi which is being released Friday, December 15th.
I clearly remember going to see A New Hope in 1977 when I was 6 years old. I also remember seeing it 4 or 5 times in the theater. I was instantly brought into the world George Lucas created and anxiously waited until each new movie was released. I really enjoyed The Force Awakens a few years ago and could not wait to see The Last Jedi. One reason for my excitement was because the way the The Force Awakens ended, with Rey arriving at the secret island that had one very important resident, Luke Skywalker. Interestingly, this is the first Star Wars movie that picks up right where the last movie ended, with no jump in time and I had to know what happened when Rey met Luke.
Obviously I don't want to divulge any spoilers, but I can honestly say that this movie did not disappoint. Seeing Rey and Luke work together the way that Luke and Yoda did in the original trilogy was exciting. Plus, the other story lines involving Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe and some new and old characters kept the movie moving along quickly. The scenery was beautiful and the battle and fight scenes were amazing, including one incredible use of slow motion. It really is a great movie and it left me wanting to know what happens next right away. By the way, in case you hadn't already looked it up or heard a story about it, Star Wars: Episode IX is scheduled to be released on December 20th, 2019 so we all have to wait two years for the conclusion of this trilogy.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is rated PG-13 and has a running time of 2 hours and 32 minutes.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


No comments:
Post a Comment