Image Map

Monday, January 22, 2018

Unremarkable by Geoff Habiger Coy Kissee

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

If an author ever wants to draw me in, just try and sell me a vampire book. I am a sucker for them, pun entirely intended. Some of you may think that its because of a popular book turned movie, but although I've read and watched those, it's more than that. You always want the world to hold more than it does, in this case, I want it to have being with exceptional life spans and mysterious lives in the shadows (or hey, even sparkling in the sunshine...). I branch out a little further than that and include almost anything from the supernatural genre. I was recently asked to read, and give you my feedback of, a book that fits those genres as well as history and thriller. I immediately knew I had to read it. First, some information about the book, Unremarkable, and then the authors.

Unremarkable by Geoff Habiger and Coy Kissee is set in 1920's Chicago. Postal employee Saul Imbierowicz is unwittingly swept up in a city-wide conflict between rival gangs, federal agents, and supernatural forces beyond his control.
After striking out on his own from his overbearing Jewish family, Saul quickly becomes involved with the seductive and mysterious Moira. He soon becomes mixed up in the events of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, witnessing the shooting and fleeing from the scene after Moira takes a bullet and is presumed dead.
However, Moira is far from dead, and due to her influence, Saul finds himself increasingly entangled in the rival factions seeking control over the city, coming face to face with Bugs Moran, Al Capone, and the federal agents pursuing both.
Everybody wants something from Saul, but will he be able to save himself and his family, and uncover the supernatural secrets of the city, before it's too late?

Here is a small peek into how Saul feels about the recent turn of events:
Yesterday morning my life was great; I had a new job and a beautiful girlfriend. Then I ended up in the middle of a gunfight, my girlfriend dies, and I find out that not just one, but two of the biggest gangsters in Chicago are both after me to steal the same thing for them from the Feds. What the hell is happening to me?

While reading the book, I was surprised by the way all of the jargon is used accurately and it actually puts you into the 1920's, I felt like I could hear Saul telling me his story, more than just my reading it off of the page. I like the way this story takes an everyday, ordinary, might I say "unremarkable" man and throw him into this extraordinary, and yes, remarkable plot. I don't want to give too much away, so I will leave the rest of the story to you, but I will say that there is already a sequel in the works, and just like Unremarkable, the sequel Untouchable will follow real events and real places and feature the authors imaginations of real people. Geoff Habinger and Coy Kissee have been life-long friends since high school in Manhattan, Kansas. They love reading, baseball, cats, role-playing games, comics, and board games. They were able to finally get Saul's story finished despite the hurdle of working long distance over Facetime seeing as how Coy lives in Lenexa, Kansas with his wife and Geoff lives with his wife and son in Tijeras, New Mexico. Their book shows you, that even those who seem unremarkable, might be in for some remarkable things. 
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved