Rachel Weisz stars in an eye opening film, The Whistleblower, recently released on DVD and Blu-ray from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, about one woman's battle against corruption and human trafficking.
Here is the synopsis of The Whistleblower, taken from the back of the DVD case:
Academy Award Winners Rachel Weisz and Vanessa Redgrave head a powerful cast that includes Oscar Nominee David Strathairn in co-writer-director Larysa Kondracki's harrowing dramatic thriller. When Nebraska cop Katheryn Bolkovac (Weisz) accepts a U.N. peacekeeper position in post-war Bosnia, she discovers a deadly sex trafficking ring. Risking her own life to save the lives of others, she uncovers an international conspiracy that is determined to stop her, no matter the cost. With masterful acting and a heart-racing plot, The Whistleblower is an acclaimed film inspired by actual events.
The only special feature is "Kathy Bolkovac: The Real Whistleblower"
The Whistleblower is rated R for "Disturbing Violent Content including a brutal sexual assault, graphic nudity and language."
I think The Whistleblower is a film that everyone should see. I can't really say I enjoyed it per say, it isn't that kind of movie, but I think it is a very important movie. It was definitely eye-opening and disturbing, very tough to stomach at times, it raises much needed awareness of what can (and does) happen when there are no laws or checks and balances in place and of the horrendous acts against other human beings that continues even today. And to think that is just a glimpse of what occurred, makes me shudder.
The Whistleblower deals with the horrors of human trafficking and fights to bring awareness to the plight of those afflicted by its evil. I think it is a must-see film for adults.
Thank you to Think Jam for my samples used in this review, opinions are honest. Review by Michelle.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!


No comments:
Post a Comment