I am sure you are like me and like to make good decisions with your money and save when you can and do the best to invest in your own future as well as your family's. How much time do you take when it comes to your health insurance?!
Health insurance, a crucial family resource, typically receives less attention than other resources we rely on. By making yourself familiar with all the services available through your health plan provider, you can help save money and learn about resources you weren't aware you have access to. To help you better understand the benefits available, Cigna wants to bring women into a "Mid-Year Check In" conversation about successfully managing your healthcare plan and has come up with several tips to think about.
Cigna has divided the 5 tips into 3 categories which include Plan, Prepare and Prevent. The plan category encourages you to take one night to review your current year's healthcare expenses and consider what your future costs may be. Is it time to get a new eyeglass prescription or do you have a child who may need braces in the next year or so? In the prepare category suggestions are made for you to know where the nearest urgent care facility is to you. They also suggest you investigate to see if your current health plan offers a 24/7 nurse hotline and to keep handy the phone number to your local pharmacy. The prevent category has a tip that I think is the most important and is included in a lot of people's insurance coverage and that is to visit your doctor each year for an annual check-up. This is something I think we may let slip by because we are just too busy or feel okay, but this check-up could help us avoid some serious health issues in the future or detect something early.
One tip I always follow when it comes to my health plan is to read the insurance book and if you are not sure if a particular service is or is not covered is to ask questions. The last thing I want is a surprise bill from my health care provider when my insurance company has denied the claim. Another suggestion I have is that if you feel your claim has been denied unfairly, file an appeal because you may be surprised and the previously denied claim may be approved. This exact situation happened with me last year and I saved over $1,000 out of pocket because I filed an appeal.
Check out the video above which is just one part in a series of conversations about health care. I would encourage you to visit the Cigna YouTube page to view the other discussions.
So hopefully you consider performing your own Mid-Year Health Check In, I hope you will consider it to be time well spent, because as I explained above it may some you money in the long run.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Cigna. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:
Post a Comment