Image Map

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Obesity in America is Real by Gwendolyn Peoples

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!

 ** I received this sample in the hopes that I share my honest opinion of this product, no compensation was received. Review by Michelle**

Childhood Obesity is an epidemic in our country. Children no longer play outside. They are on video games. Kids today can't ride their bikes anywhere for fear of being abducted. I mean the fear is there. Do we need to do something about the obesity problem? Absolutely. Obesity in America is Real by Gwendolyn Peoples is absolutely amazing.  I am telling you the truth when I tell you I am crying as I write this because I have a child who is almost considered obese and it petrifies me since society is cruel. I am scared not only for his self esteem but also his health.

Here is a short synopsis of the book:
This is a story about a revolutionary fitness center just for kids ages 7 to 17. It was formerly known as Fit Kidz, Inc. This center was the first of its kind in Maryland in 2005. This physical conditioning and strength training facility was originally designed to help kids build strength, endurance and agility for sports. Upon the first day of opening Mr & Mrs. Peoples found that 96% of their new members were either overweight or obese. This book tells you how Fit Kidz, Inc. got started and ultimately had to close. It is also a good step-by-step guide to show you how to start your own business. We all need to invest in our children's good health! Fit Kidz was there just for this purpose.

I do need to invest in my children's health. You know we have fitness centers everywhere but none of them are geared towards kids 16 and under. I think more kids would go to a facility if it were just for them and their activities. We need someone to invest in our kids future. Obesity in America is Real tells us how they got started and what they went through. I personally think the first thing we need to do is educate our parents and children. Quit making excuses (I make excuses for my son all the time).

You will find the following themes in Obesity in America is Real;

Why more needs to be done to fight childhood obesity
Why parents were not willing to enroll their children fitness programs
What obstacles Peoples overcame to open the business

The lessons Peoples learned from her business

Why Peoples is optimistic that her business model can succeed A step by step template on how to start your own business. This is an absolute great read for all parents. Our children are all turning into couch potatoes. We need to do something about it. Highly recommend. Very short read may take you 2 days but filled with lots of information.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved