Image Map

Monday, October 13, 2014

Maggie De Vries Hunger Journeys

Links provided may be from affiliate programs which help support this blog. Thanks for clicking!
 
**I have received this sample in the hopes that I would share my honest opinion of this product, no compensation was received. Review by Michelle**

There is a fine line between family and friends and sometimes we often find out to late who are friends really are. I just read an amazing novel by Maggie DeVries called Hunger Journeys.What an amazing story. I fell in love with the characters as well as the history.

Here is little background on the novel:

First, that is a lie. You are not trying to take a train to Germany. Second, your papers are false. Do you think you can trump up false papers and just walk onto one of our trains?”

It’s World War Two in Amsterdam. Lena leaves her starving family to travel by train with her friend Sofie to Almelo, a town close to the German border, in search of food. It’s a risky plan. The girls have false papers and are quickly pulled off the train by German soldiers. Only by fluke do they get back on again-with the help of Albert, one of the soldiers. After Lena discovers that the train had also been used to transport Jews to concentration camps, she fears her new friendship with the well-meaning Albert may lead her into more danger. Sofie, too, befriends a soldier, a relationship that quickly turns serious and has unfortunate consequences for both girls.

I could not imagine being in Germany during WW2. What an amazing novel. It will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what happens. Highly recommend this novel for young adults. I think the content is mature enough and appropriate. Deals with family and friendships, and your country where does your loyalty lie.

Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved