In 1868 Louis Graeter moved to Cincinnati, Ohio to sell ice cream at neighborhood street markets. At the time he had no idea that his recipe would become so popular that almost 150 years later people would line up for his treat.
What makes Graeter's different from all the other ice cream is the French Pot Process, where each and every batch is made by hand in two and a half gallon batches. In fact they produce 20,000 pints each and every day. Since their ice cream is too thick to pump into the pints it must be hand scooped, which breaks down to the packers scooping 15 pints per minute.
A few years back we visited Columbus, OH and someone suggested we make time to visit a local ice cream parlor. We went and the line was so long we almost did not stay, but it was moving quickly so we did and I remember getting a vanilla cone and thinking it was hands down the most amazing ice cream I had ever tried.
A few weeks ago I received a sample pack from Graeter's and went right for the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean (vanilla is my favorite flavor) instantly I remembered that ice cream in Columbus. I read the package and was shocked to discover that it had to be the same brand. I will also admit that I was not willing to share with my husband or daughter and ended up enjoying the entire pint by myself in one evening.
Graeter's is the creamiest, most flavorful ice cream I have ever tried and while we do not have a location near us I have looked into the shipping offer and have no doubts that we will be placing an order soon.
Don't miss the freebies, coupons, and deals, Subscribe Now!



No comments:
Post a Comment